Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions about the Garrett pinpointer (and use with an Infinium)

Bill D. (VA)

I have an Infinium and am considering getting a pinpointer. Does anyone have experience using one of these in highly mineralized (red dirt) ground? What about at a wet salt beach? Does it interfere with the Infinium to the point where you have to move the detector out of the way, or even turn it off? Also, is there any chance that a SunRay inline probe will eventually be developed for use with the Infinium? Appreciate all comments.

Mine works great with my Infinium, I dont leave home without it.

If any detector can punch through highly mineralized dirt, a PI (Infinium) will. To set up the Infinium, just turn on the Pro-Pointer, then using the frequency adjust on the Infinium, just pick a frequency that doesn't interfere with the Pro-Pointer. That simple!

I've also found, that on ocassion in Culpeper (DIV)...the propointer to get a little chattery...simply turning it off and back on while in the hole or in contact with the dirt pile made it quiter...almost like GBing it. The propointer and infinium are a great pair for the red dirt.

Greg

The Pro-Pointer has had no problems interfering with any detector which is why it's so popular and it works fine under all conditions.

Bill.

If the Infinium LS is in use within it's lower pulse frequency range and the Pro-Pointer is activated, then there can be interference between the two.
If so, it's easily corrected by moving the coil out of range of the interference zone while pinpointing.
It is of no consequence if one is detecting in a highly mineralized gold field, a salt lake or an ocean beach.
I had the same question with regards to the in-line probe from Sun-Ray way back before the Pro-Pointer became available. Now that it is, it can do the job just nicely; even beyond most operators requirement and imagination.
Not all field tests, on the Infinium LS and the Pro-Pointer are published.
ivanll