Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions Regarding the AT Max

I've been using the At Pro for over four years now, and I've found a bunch of good stuff with it. However, I'm considering selling it to help buy an AT Max.
Have those who have used both seen a noticeable difference in depth or recovery speed? Depth only matters in disc mode, I have true all metal on my V3i. In disc mode though, I much prefer Garrett audio vs the digital audio on the V3i. Will the AT Max get more depth in disc mode vs the AT Pro? Are there any other areas where people have noticed it performing better than the AT Pro? Thanks,
Seth

I think that the biggest depth difference will be in true all metal mode. In discriminate mode, I haven't noticed too much of a difference, however, I sure did with the true all metal mode. Below is a comparison chart on the three AT Models.

I had all three. The AT PRO was better then the gold. The MAX is better in depth and I use it in all metal 99% of the time. One thing I need to say is that I only fresh water hunt beaches, and it goes deep 15" in the muddy bottom as you can see by my great find last week. Been detecting over 40 years sometimes up too 25-30 hours a week in the summer time. Find tons of change in the water. I detect in water up to my chest. Detector works great in water with wired headphones. WIRELEES SUCK AND YOU CAN'T USE THEM IN WATER.

I had an at Pro for years, and found many great things. I bought an at Max and it was too unstable for me so I sold it and went back to the pro. I couldn't be happier with the at Pro.