Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions..???

PULLTABBY

Short and sweat......wpaxt said...".With the arrows representing APPROXIMATELY 2" give or take"
I understand what the word approximately means but to add the give or take ???
Give or take how much ??? 1/2"... 3/4"...1"...???
Was this the case on both ground and sand ???
How long would you estimate the X-TERRA 50 to run on the 4 battery's assuming they are all new premium Alkalines ???
Will it except nicads well ???
Excuse me if these have been asked and I missed the posts...
HH
Thanks

"Short and sweat......wpaxt said...".With the arrows representing APPROXIMATELY 2" give or take"
I understand what the word approximately means but to add the give or take ???
Give or take how much ??? 1/2"... 3/4"...1"...???"
... The depth reading of ANY make or model is an estimate and is frequently off a little, a lot depending upon the coil in use, the height the operator holds the coil above the ground, and the depth the operator guesses the recovered target to come from.

With the X-Terra 50 you have five ▼ arrows with the first oen suggesting the coin-sized target to be 0-2", two ▼ suggest 3"-4" and so on. The main thing is that it is 'functional.'
"Was this the case on both ground and sand ???"... I haven't used it at the ocean beach, but in other sandy locations the depth readying has been pretty consistent.
"How long would you estimate the X-TERRA 50 to run on the 4 battery's assuming they are all new premium Alkalines ???".... I use Costco's 'Kirkland' (house brand) Alkaline batteries that I heard were made for them by Duracell. I estimate the first set of batteries to it 'low' just short of 19+ hours swap-out time about 24 hours. I will average times out after using several sets of batteries.
"Will it except nicads well ???"... Yes, but I never use them. They don't provide long enough 'run time' for lengthy trips afield, and using 4 AA batteries I get from Costco only sets me back about 83