Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions

I'm assuming you know that depth readings are calibrated for coin size objects. Large objects read shallower than they are and small targets read deeper. Finding the depth of a coin sized target without a depth meter is as simple as slowly lifting the coil until you no longer get a signal. Obviously if you lose the signal before lifting the coil much it's a deep target. If you still get a signal while sweeping over the target with the coil 7" off the ground it will probably be fairly shallow. It's not perfect but will give you a rough estimate on depth. Of course it doesn't hurt to not have any nearby trash targets to throw you off. But hey, it's an imperfect world.

to MXT...I have owned all of the Sov. and I like them but I prefer the MXT over them.... I have found that getting use to and interupting the sound is really the key to success using a Minelab...Of all the Soverigns produced, I like the GT best... I would opt for an older Sov. first before I dropped a bundle on a new one so as to see if your going to like it..... Happy Hunting Richardntn