Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick hunt for silver.

cwilk

I went to a place I have hammered for silver over the years with a 12 inch coil on my GTI 2500. I went wanting a silver coin in a bad way. There are purists who say a coin must be at least 50% silver to be called a silver coin. I don't subscribe to that interpretation so my 35% silver war nickel fit the bill. Next to it is the worst IH cent ever. A few wheats. Somebody kindly left me 92 cents in a pile in the middle of the field which was an overload signal. Many coins dug were deeper than my pro pointer is long. Most were. Had sensitivity way up to 10 and sometimes higher.

Chris

ill take war nickels all day long 35% or not :)

I haven't used the 12 inch coil on my 2500 in some time, but it does find deep targets. War nickel is another coin on my wish list. HH.

I think I would agree with you. I only went for an hour, and to me, that is a quick hunt. I was going to go until I found a silver coin, though, and I found the nickel after half an hour. I made a few more passes!

Chris