Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick Patriot Hunt with a new coil

MidTN

I purchased a Cors Fortune 9.5 x 5.5 coil for the Patriot. Went for a quick hunt near some tennis courts yesterday and found a couple of clad quarter, 1 dime and 3 pennies. Not a lot coins but it worked great near the chain link fence.

I got the same coil, Nel Sharpshooter version, a couple of years ago for my F70.
Reviewed it here.

An amazing coil for this rig, after that review I went on to discover so much more about it because it stays mounted on my detector most of the time.
It gets very deep, here in Birmingham with mucho mineralization, I once got a solid signal on the adjustable part of an old oil lamp that I dug despite it being almost 12" in depth....that is like 16" + in regular, decent soil.
It finds tiny things easily, coins on edge don't seem to be any problem, it eats coins and precious metals of any kind or shape for breakfast.
Separation and recovery are as you would expect on this Fisher...incredibly great.
It feels like you are hunting with a bigger coil because of the shape than it actually is, quite a bit different and more satisfying than hunting with my small, Fisher hockey puck round coil.
The best thing I found for me is it is better shielded than any of my Fisher coils so it is much quieter in both low EMI I and especially very high EMI problem sites.
More stability and less noise and chatter means I can use higher, hotter settings...and I love turning mine up as hot as possible as much as I can even though I really don't need too...but I am weird.
Favorite settings using it are sense and thresh pretty high with the disc at 1-4 in 1 tone, monotone.
Targets jump out at you when I do this, I used to use 4H most of the time when I first got the F70 and still do from time to time but over the years I pretty much switched to the low disc, monotone method.
That is unless I use all metal with maxed out sense, thresh and SL speed that I use more which works extremely well in my mineralized dirt or anytime I hunt in massive iron infested sites...or heavy trash.
Lots of owners on a few forums noticed how high I turn this up and think I am crazy, but I am and I do because after many hours I learned to use it this way and I have been shockingly successful...but it took some learning to do it.

Another favorite way to hunt is what I call my Silver Slayer Settings.
Disc up to 65 which quiets everything down significantly and then I notch in only one or two other sections, usually nickels and zinc if I am looking for coins or nickels and foil if I am jewelry hunting.
Pumping the disc up this high lets me max out the sense and thresh, literally 99 and +9, respectively with this coil, and still keep everything shockingly quiet and stable at most sites.
Doing it this way done crazy things can, and do, happen...for me, anyway.

Any settings you like to use should shine using this coil.
You'll see...enjoy it.
I sure do enjoy mine.

Last edited:
I got the same coil, Nel Sharpshooter version, a couple of years ago for my F70.
Reviewed it here.

An amazing coil for this rig, after that review I went on to discover so much more about it because it stays mounted on my detector most of the time.
It gets very deep, here in Birmingham with mucho mineralization, I once got a solid signal on the adjustable part of an old oil lamp that I dug despite it being almost 12" in depth....that is like 16" + in regular, decent soil.
It finds tiny things easily, coins on edge don't seem to be any problem, it eats coins and precious metals of any kind or shape for breakfast.
Separation and recovery are as you would expect on this Fisher...incredibly great.
It feels like you are hunting with a bigger coil because of the shape than it actually is, quite a bit different and more satisfying than hunting with my small, Fisher hockey puck round coil.
The best thing I found for me is it is better shielded than any of my Fisher coils so it is much quieter in both low EMI I and especially very high EMI problem sites.
More stability and less noise and chatter means I can use higher, hotter settings...and I love turning mine up as hot as possible as much as I can even though I really don't need too...but I am weird.
Favorite settings using it are sense and thresh pretty high with the disc at 1-4 in 1 tone, monotone.
Targets jump out at you when I do this, I used to use 4H most of the time when I first got the F70 and still do from time to time but over the years I pretty much switched to the low disc, monotone method.
That is unless I use all metal with maxed out sense, thresh and SL speed that I use more which works extremely well in my mineralized dirt or anytime I hunt in massive iron infested sites...or heavy trash.
Lots of owners on a few forums noticed how high I turn this up and think I am crazy, but I am and I do because after many hours I learned to use it this way and I have been shockingly successful...but it took some learning to do it.

Another favorite way to hunt is what I call my Silver Slayer Settings.
Disc up to 65 which quiets everything down significantly and then I notch in only one or two other sections, usually nickels and zinc if I am looking for coins or nickels and foil if I am jewelry hunting.
Pumping the disc up this high lets me max out the sense and thresh, literally 99 and +9, respectively with this coil, and still keep everything shockingly quiet and stable at most sites.
Doing it this way done crazy things can, and do, happen...for me, anyway.

Any settings you like to use should shine using this coil.
You'll see...enjoy it.
I sure do enjoy mine.

I have it set up in your Silver Slayer Settings. Going to a soccer field later today hoping to find more coins and jewelry. Thanks for all of your post and recommendations.

Use what I have, tweak as needed, find stuff.
Many have said you can use the gain and thresh at different levels to mitigate noise issues because they are connected.
I discovered that the disc affects all of that too.
I rarely notch in more than one or two other sections, more than that it can get pretty noisy again.

Toggle between SL and DE if SL is too noisy...seems to work well either way.
Try it and see how high you can push the thresh and sense and still stay eerily stable and quiet how decently sharp the signals are on good targets at all depths and just how deep you can actually go...and then get back here and report because I am curious.
I think you may be surprised.

Use what I have, tweak as needed, find stuff.
Many have said you can use the gain and thresh at different levels to mitigate noise issues because they are connected.
I discovered that the disc affects all of that too.
I rarely notch in more than one or two other sections, more than that it can get pretty noisy again.

Toggle between SL and DE if SL is too noisy...seems to work well either way.
Try it and see how high you can push the thresh and sense and still stay eerily stable and quiet how decently sharp the signals are on good targets at all depths and just how deep you can actually go...and then get back here and report because I am curious.
I think you may be surprised.
I have had similar experiences using the gold bug and omega. You can crank the disc say to 60-70 then max the sense on the omega too. I was using the 10x5DD Tek coil on my omega back in Iowa and getting deep coins. Around 8” with good repeatable signal and numbers. Learned that the gold bug can wear a 13” coil and hunt literally anywhere regardless of emi with little loss of depth and it can always run max sens. Here in south Bama I can get way down in the low mineral sand with these machines. The omega with the 13” coil is crazy deep when all cranked up like that. I’ve been testing them against a multi kruzer with different coils combos on everything. I’ve still been relying on my F/T stuff for certain hunts. I know y’all are talking F70/Patriot but they share enough DNA with the others to bring it up I guess... For as simple as they are to set up and use they really still are near top machines IMO. Everything around me has been hunted a lot. Matter of fact, I was digging bullets next to and even out of someone’s holes the other day. My hunting buddy is old school and has been impressed by the T2 and the Gold Bug at how they can sniff out stuff.

I have had similar experiences using the gold bug and omega. You can crank the disc say to 60-70 then max the sense on the omega too. I was using the 10x5DD Tek coil on my omega back in Iowa and getting deep coins. Around 8” with good repeatable signal and numbers. Learned that the gold bug can wear a 13” coil and hunt literally anywhere regardless of emi with little loss of depth and it can always run max sens. Here in south Bama I can get way down in the low mineral sand with these machines. The omega with the 13” coil is crazy deep when all cranked up like that. I’ve been testing them against a multi kruzer with different coils combos on everything. I’ve still been relying on my F/T stuff for certain hunts. I know y’all are talking F70/Patriot but they share enough DNA with the others to bring it up I guess... For as simple as they are to set up and use they really still are near top machines IMO. Everything around me has been hunted a lot. Matter of fact, I was digging bullets next to and even out of someone’s holes the other day. My hunting buddy is old school and has been impressed by the T2 and the Gold Bug at how they can sniff out stuff.
Pretty cool.
I used an F2 for three years and dove deep into how it behaved, as much as I could with such a simple machine, anyway, and came away with a good amount of useful behavior that transferred to my F70.
Then I don't know how many hours futzing around with the F70 and every combination of settings I could think of.
Then I read tons about the F75, F5 and others over the years.
I think quality DNA runs through all their units from top to bottom to a certain extent, some more than others but it's there.
As owners we just need to tap into their little secrets and abilities...of which they have many for those that learn how to unlock them.

Last edited: