Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick Release Armstrap...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLEvW3T90XQ[/video]hey all,
just finished another project. Made a quick release armstrap for my detectors. I started with the basic design I saw that is being sold out of the UK but didnt like how it was setup to be adjusted after I saw one in person. I decided to build my own and change it some to get it more to my liking. After a little trial and error here is what I came up with. They get small enough for the gofind with my 11 yr olds little arms(with adjustment left), all the way to the opposite with the racer which has a very wide arm cuff and fits my arm with adjustment left... Here are a few pics on my different machines and a quick video showing how it works. What do you all think?

I like it. Very cool.

Looks good! :clapping:

I was just wondering the other day what project you may be up to! :crylol:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Looks good! :clapping:

I was just wondering the other day what project you may be up to! :crylol:
Mud

LOL! thanks mud! I have another ongoing project I am hoping to finish this weekend if all goes well. As long as it comes out how I plan it should be a pretty good one....will be posting another thread if so...

Cool!
Sometimes working on these detecting related projects is just as much fun as metal detecting itself.

Been thinking on and off about an automatic lock/release armcuff contraption myself. Got a bunch of ideas but no time to prototype them.

ironsight said:
Cool!
Sometimes working on these detecting related projects is just as much fun as metal detecting itself.

Been thinking on and off about an automatic lock/release armcuff contraption myself. Got a bunch of ideas but no time to prototype them.

Thanks iron and youre right..I also enjoy the projects...well, I should say I enjoy the ones that come out like I pictured in my head when I started it..:laugh: