Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick Release Tassel

nashoba

The D2 arrived with this great tassel and no instructions on how to easily apply it. I drilled a 3/64" (#3) hole just behind the RC. It's saved my RC already. Drill, deburr, apply tassel.
274189298_10226654371415346_7172388881085221962_n.jpg

273782382_10226654371455347_2245902929464786186_n.jpg

Good method unless you wish to collapse down to say backpack it. In this case all there is is to tie a loop around very end of shaft, or drill tiny hole there.

Good method unless you wish to collapse down to say backpack it. In this case all there is is to tie a loop around very end of shaft, or drill tiny hole there.
Thats what the *quick release* is for.

In my 11 years of the Deus1 and now the Deus2. I've never had my controller come off unless I wanted it to.
But with that said, I will use the tether.

Does the rc fall off easily?
I wouldn't say "easy", but the connection isn't as strong as the RC mount on the D1. Personally, I like that. I thought the D1 RC could be a little too hard to remove (too tight), almost felt like you were breaking it removing it from the stem. That said, this tassel is cheap insurance IMO. I knocked mine off yesterday over a concrete driveway, the tassel saved it. I imagine it's a sick feeling listening to it bounce across concrete, even as armored as it is.

Does the rc fall off easily?
If you remove the remote from the shaft every time you charge eventually the remote to shaft connector will have a loose fit.
I had to replace my shaft connector once on my D1 after a few years, and honestly it’s almost about time to replace it again.
The best solution I can think of is to keep the remote attached when charging.

Thanks for the idea, I did this to mine, 45 degree hole through the corner. No need to remove the fitting, I just wanted to make sure I didn't drill through something important. I think my D1 controller has fallen off once in 6 or seven years when I was transporting it.

Attachments

• tempImage4SCsIL.png
    tempImage4SCsIL.png
    409.2 KB · Views: 126
Nice I'm going to do what the gigmaster did and run my coil wire up through the shaft also
Mark

I had the same issue, somewhere I discovered you slip it over the upper shaft and when you slide it to extend the upper shaft, it pinches to hold it. Had me stumped for sure.
I knew a guy that lost a remote on the original Deus so a very real possibility

It comes with your Deus2

Yah, the D1
Thanks for the idea, I did this to mine, 45 degree hole through the corner. No need to remove the fitting, I just wanted to make sure I didn't drill through something important. I think my D1 controller has fallen off once in 6 or seven years when I was transporting it.
The D1 RC is definitely a snugger hold than the D2 RC, but when you take it off, it doesn't sound like you're breaking it. It's a smoother mount, and hence a little easier to knock off.

I know the D2 comes with that cord but does anyone know where to buy an extra one? I looked around and can't find one just like it. I was want to put one on my D1.