Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick run with the Deus In the rain -Video

NiagracountyNY

I did a short Hunt just to get out and play with the Deus this evening.Was raining but that doesnt stop the deus! Loaded up a program,in the pocket she went and off to the woods.What a little gem! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJAO8xVgRyc

I was recently in Denmark where just about all serious detectorists are using the Deus. It rains a lot there and many of the individuals I hunted with said that rain intrusion into the control box was a real problem - not to mention an expensive one. Their solution is to put the control box into a small zip lock bag. The control unit will still mount normally due to,the thinness of the plastic bag material. This also keeps muddy fingers off the push pads!

Nice video this is what I do in rainy days

The Best XP DEUS Control Unit Waterproof Case (My…: http://youtu.be/1CS1yKfl5go

So how did you get the mount to glue on the back of the case... I can't seem to understand how you got that. Did you buy a new one? Or how did you get it off your control case and if so how did you remove it?

Thanks

If you were lucky enough to have the protective cover on the handle stem, that is what you glue to the case.
If you don't have it than you will need to order a replacement from XP>

I like that waterproof case idea.just order a couple stem cap covers and make a couple up.I bet if someone would pre make these...I and other people would prob buy one.Its a great idea.

lytle78 said:
I was recently in Denmark where just about all serious detectorists are using the Deus. It rains a lot there and many of the individuals I hunted with said that rain intrusion into the control box was a real problem - not to mention an expensive one. Their solution is to put the control box into a small zip lock bag. The control unit will still mount normally due to,the thinness of the plastic bag material. This also keeps muddy fingers off the push pads!
I did just that the other day.I cut a small hole in the bag so it would still mount on the shaft.No water got in.worked great.Looked kinda goofy but hey.

If the baggie is reasonably thin, there's no nned to cut the back, it will just clamp on as usual.

One thing though.

Don't forget that the control box might just pop off.

Of the 30 folks or so who had Deus detectors at the big meet in Denmark, one poor soul had lost TWO control boxes!! OUCH!