Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quote I made up (I think)

The only time the word discrimination should be said is when talking about metal detecting.
When I started detecting many years ago, I either heard or made up a saying about detecting. This saying is the most accurate description of metal detecting I have ever heard. I tell anyone who comes up to me to BS with me while I am detecting. I call our hobby, "an easter egg hunt for grown ups" I feel this best describes why us grown up do this crazy thing!

Growing up as little boys we were always outside finding stuff in the dirt, playing in it and bringing home little critters to keep in our homemade cages and such. We would find cool looking colorful rocks and bring them home too.

A couple of years ago I was coinshooting at the local park and I noticed a boy observing me in what I was doing. He looked at about 12 years of age. He came up to me and said, "You can not dig things up in the park". I said that it is ok with the parks department and ordinances in place. I showed him the proper way of extracting coins out from under the grass properly. It looked like I never was there digging out coins. I then shown him my finds and his eyes got big. He was really surprised when I gave him a quarter, nickel and a couple of pennies. He had the biggest smile on his face. I guess he went home and forgot what he said to me but on the flipside he as a little boy brought some thing home that was dirty but valuable and the memory of that day.. Kinda like a Easter egg hunt!!

TC-NM

I like to let them run the machine.
Let them dig with guidance.
That priceless expression when they dig a good target.