Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Qyestion for you CoRe and racer aficionados

When you are deep coin shooting or better yet, relic hunting, do you stop and dig those nice faint sounding signals with no TID display ? I wonder if it is 2 things 1) very , VERY small target or 2) something good, yet Deep. Maybe deeper than normal, hence, no tid?

Is it Something that the machine can't identify yet ,something good and deep, fringe targets, etc?

The main reason I ask is because I am probably passing some deep oldies, and possibly goodies?

What y'all think about these type faint yet good sounding signals /beeps? With no other verification, other than the high pitched BEEP.

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge friends.

Bubba.

bubbadirect said:
When you are deep coin shooting or better yet, relic hunting, do you stop and dig those nice faint sounding signals with no TID display?
Yes.

Long, long before we had any visual Target ID I learned by experience to follow the basic, for-sure rule, and have long touted my favorite rule of guidance.: "Beep-DIG! "

What are we out doing? Metal detecting.

What does a metal detector do when the search coil's EMF encounters a metal target? It BEEPS!

What should we do when a metal detector alerts us to a metal target? Pinpoint and recover the target to see what we found. Then, looking at the object, we will know if it is a good target or not. Pretty simple, and 100% fool-proof.

bubbadirect said:
I wonder if it is 2 things 1) very , VERY small target ...
Yes, it might be.

bubbadirect said:
... or 2) something good, yet Deep.
Yep, that too. It could even be something bad, yet deep. Take a look and you'll know.

bubbadirect said:
Maybe deeper than normal, hence, no tid?
Yep, it just might be, and often is. Metal detectors are usually quite capable of responding to targets that are deeper than their TID circuitry can process. It's up to us to make the Dig/No-Dig decision after the detector has done it's job of alerting us to a metal target.

bubbadirect said:
Is it Something that the machine can't identify yet ,something good and deep, fringe targets, etc?
I'd know the answer ..... after I take a look.

bubbadirect said:
The main reason I ask is because I am probably passing some deep oldies, and possibly goodies?
Probably, as do almost everyone who ignores any target that doesn't provide a visual TID display ... or even an display that you would thing to be errant.

bubbadirect said:
What y'all think about these type faint yet good sounding signals /beeps? With no other verification, other than the high pitched BEEP.

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge friends.

Bubba.
They can give a high pitched 'Beep' or a mid-tone 'Beep' [size=small](in the 3-Tone ID function)[/size], and after a while we can learn to decipher the audio responses with or without any visual read-out. Target ID is simply an added bonus to the basic of getting a decent audio response.

Monte

Well my technique is to whip the coil quickly over those signals and some times it will id and pretty accurately

Thank you again monte and farmerstan