Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

R 2 in heavy trash/ 2 videos

JFlynn

An old house lot that was just torn down last week and planted and hay thrown getting ready to build new homes. My 3rd hunt on this very small lot and had gotten 65 coins so far and 3 were silver. If you listen closely you can hear the amount of iron or just simply turn up the volume a little more. I hunt these kind of places just about exclusively. 100 plus yr old mill house that has been torn down and whatever was under it at the time of being built is still there just now mixed up highly by the doziers and track hoe. They literally just crush them to the ground and put them in dig dumpsters leaving all the nails and who knows what in the ground. First video is almost 30 minutes just detecting, no smoke and mirrors here, just listen and see what the machine sounds like with the blending and the sound of falsing nails and such. A lot for the ears but the iron volume makes it nice to detect. Full HD, just digging the good conductive sounding targets and the way the machine is set up they will almost always be a coin where I have the break points at and just listening for GOOD sounding metal, the trick with these machines for me.
https://youtu.be/wGsh_71DsB8
https://youtu.be/ti4LgopKsRo

As a new user to the Racer 2, this is exactly what I've been looking for in an instructional video. Thanks! In the first video, are you using factory settings in the 3 tone mode?

Three tone, iron volume at 1, gain at 90, put that where ever you want in heavy trash, it just seems to hit harder for me. ID filter at 2, no notch, tone break at 12 and 78, audio tone for me at 17 iron, 40 mid tone and 70 for high tone, the further from the mid tone tone you get the more it stands out when you hit a higher conductor. Keep in mind when hunting in heavy trash you will very seldom hardly ever get a coin in the clear so the TID blends with whatever it's picking up next to it. So you see and hear the popping in of a high tone even when the TID is not catching it seems like or it might blip it in there. You'll eventually learn the shallow hollow or sparky sounds that will give away what it might be possibly. Aluminum has a different higher conductive sound along with bottlecaps, If your a beep and dig detector sell it quick and get a beep and dig your butt off machine but if you want to hunt in trash to the full potential dig and listen and learn. Notice I do a lot of studying of the targets not unless it's just blatantly that good sound. You'll learn then you can walk behind you hunting friends and ask them how they missed this and that lol.

Good advice. Another question. I have a corn field that I have permission on. I found a 200 year old flat button on it. Probably other goodies there. I used my standard coil before but am wanting to use the smaller round coil next time I go. It can go between the corn stubble unlike the 11" coil. How much depth do you think I would be sacrificing with the smaller coil? There is quite a bit of iron trash, although nothing like your site lol. Thanks! I've also been using 2 tone.

Nice videos Jack !!

I'd put it in 3 tone and open it up if you like em wide open. If you are older like me 2 tone I lose the hearing part fairly shallow per I'm half deaf and the VCO just takes the sound away for me too quickly. 3 tone is deeper for me therefore because I can hear it. You won't lose much depth at all. This just might be the deepest small coiled machine you'll ever buy. You'll have to see for yourself. However if there is a lot of trash, depth won't be achieved anyway. I never use the stock coil let's put it that way. Deep on these machines is eye popping, but I like to sort my targets with 3 tone.

Subscribed jflynn.
Love that core video. Lol.

In part 1, is that the ground causing the detector to be unstable or is it that much iron??
Crazy how great the r2 runs in iron.
:) good video!!

It's that much iron and metal debri. Did you turn it up enough to hear rhe slight hum of the iron signals? I should have brought the iron volume up to let it be heard for a minute in the video then turned it back down. This morning a hunting friend of mine walked into that same lot with his new yesterday Racer 2 and with stock settings dug over 20 coins and what appears to be a gold watch. Most coins were memorials and a few wheaties and learned what to listen for in those videos. Never used one before now. Yesterday morning I got about 12 more coins out of it and he was hunting with his T 2 classic and dug a couple of coins. The difference between stock and my settings is my second tone break is set at 78, default is 70. He listened well to the video's and learned and was made a believer this morning. The conversation this morning evolved into, "what about all the other places I've hunted?" Oh the opportunity....... He hunts heavy trash the same as myself. He also found stuff in his front yard he never knew was there. He's stoked!