Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

R/C Planes

Hardrock65

I have been flying the planes off and on since the 70's I've also been fishing off and on and do some kayaking. I had a ham license that I let expire. After the novelty of talking to people all over the world wore off I sold everything but still fun at the time.

yeah I like the old rc planes too. Have had several. Like the old control line ones too. Very fun nostalgic hobby. I do not have the room any more but I like looking at them online still.

I never flew RC planes , just never thought I had the co-ordination for that , or else I just didn't want to crash up a couple hundred dollars or more worth of plane in about 10 seconds or less . My Uncle used to be really into it , he was in a RC club , they did planes , cars , boats . They used to have dogfights , by tying a length of flagging tape on the tail of the plane and seeing who could cut the tape the shortest with the prop . Now thats some hand -eye co-ordination if you ask me .

I got into RC planes when I discovered electric-powered flight and foam construction. The foam construction reduced the cost of errors on the sticks, even made the planes more durable. Then the federal government got involved and said anything 9 ounces or heavier had to have a federal license, and that's when I put all my stuff in storage.

Freaking .Gov . You'd think they'd have bigger things to worry about than to mess with a few hobbyist . Right ? I guess not.

Like most other hobbies, it's the irresponsible idiots who cause the Feds to take control. When the "drones" came down in price where everyone could afford them and technology made them easy to fly, idiots flew them on airport approaches, in crowded cities, etc. and created problems. There's nothing the Feds like better than a problem that allows them to spread their control.

I do agree with the negligent few that ruin things for everybody. And the .gov taking control of the situation in safety's sake. But it still gets under my skin at the control being forced down on us. I did see a video of someone taking a video out of a planes window and they captured a drone hovering and it takes off the tip of the planes wing, so that stupidity could have been terribly fatal.

Be flying RC a few years now. Started back in the gar days and hated it. Now all mine are electric and love flying them.

My hanger. Doesn't have my drone a DJI Phantom 3 Vision Plus.

All-RC-9.jpg

Fly planes for 6 years. My kids loved to go with me till they got older .I made a trap door that dropped little parachutes. Had a trainer ,built a cj40 piper cub . Sold the planes ,kids got older but always watching videos especially turbine planes