Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

R2 Depth Test.....Interesting find in Deep Mode

thardin88

Ran the R2 in my test garden set up similar to Keiths. Coins have been in the ground for a little over 2 years. Deep mode appears to like low conductors. Has anyone else noticed this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usmoms4x5Xw

Thanks

"I'll definitely remember that when I return to my cousin's backyard to seek out a lost gold St. Christopher medallion.

Spent 21/2hrs in the yard with an F 19 and an E Trac but No gold item: lots of trash: lead ingots! Foil: Nails: bits of non ferrous, buckle, old brooch surround etc etc.
I [ know it's there ] and I think the R2 can find it???"

Will Update y'all

Personally I've tested many live targets and I still like the response I get in three tone. I don't seem to see any big difference in depth between two tone, deep and three tone. Now I will say the VDI seems to go deeper in deep mode.

"Yes Southwind, in DEEP it seems to put up a valid TID more often than the other modes esp if deeper than eight inches +"

If you get the coil over it , the R2 will find it. Remember, Deep mode processes slower so separation will not be as good as 2 or 3 tone.
Good Luck

Des D said:
"I'll definitely remember that when I return to my cousin's backyard to seek out a lost gold St. Christopher medallion.

Spent 21/2hrs in the yard with an F 19 and an E Trac but No gold item: lots of trash: lead ingots! Foil: Nails: bits of non ferrous, buckle, old brooch surround etc etc.
I [ know it's there ] and I think the R2 can find it???"

Will Update y'all

Southwind said:
Personally I've tested many live targets and I still like the response I get in three tone. I don't seem to see any big difference in depth between two tone, deep and three tone. Now I will say the VDI seems to go deeper in deep mode.

Agree, Deep will many times clean up a signal that is questionable in 2 tone.