Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer 2 & 7" coil finds me a rare token.

OregonGregg

It all started with an email from a friend asking if I ever detected or found this old site that is up in the general area of some of the ghost towns we hunt. I told him about a year ago a friend and I trekked back in there but really didn't find that much and no success. Last Thursday I glanced at his email again and with nothing going on for that day I decided to go give that area another try, plus if anything was a good excuse to load up the 4 wheeler and have some fun. ( The dogs love riding on the 4 Wheeler).

We got up there and I only took the Racer 2 w/7" coil mainly to just use for exploring around. So loaded the Racer 2 and the dogs and off we went. I got back in there and after about an hour I started running into broken glass and lots of nails, tin etc. The problem with this site that you literally have to step right on it to realize you found it, due to so much growth ( sagebrush, grass, weeds, etc) I slowed down and started to work the site slow and easy. Found a few doodads etc and after another hour, got a nice little high tone squeak in the nails. Dug the target and out comes a Good For 10 cent trade token.

I slowly wiped the back off and it was a Rye Valley, Ore. token. I knew the Rye Valley Tokens are scare, but apparently, the 10 cent denomination is really scarce. Needless to say, that made my day. I went back Friday with the Fors CoRe and oor coil and got a 1907 IH and a 1915 Wheat pennies.

Tomorrow Monte and I are going to trek back in there and hopefully, there will be a few goodies left to find.

I talked to one collector to get some info and another guy that deals in coins and tokens etc, both based in Portland. Both said its a rare one. I did get a $200 offer for it but politely declined the offer. I would rather have it in my collection and I have never sold any of my coins or tokens that I have found.

But it was neat to find something rare/unique. Now if only I could find a NV trade token as scarce as this one, it would be worth a good deal more. Oregon trade tokens don't bring much compared to some other states. But for me, it's not about the money, it's all about the fun & excitement of finding old coins, tokens, artifacts, etc.

Gregg - That's a beauty! Near Lone Tree or the Arch?

Thanks, everyone.

Tom, it is approx 15-17 miles east of Lone Tree. El, Molley gets on first and sits behind me, then I get on and Binks gets on last lol a little crowded, but we just putt along.