Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer 2 Coil Options

Brownie

Have yet to pull the trigger on buying the new Racer 2, just getting all the info I can on its operation before making the final decision. Besides the 2 coils (5" and the 7"x11") that come with the Pro Package what other coils that are made specifically by Marko are available for use on this detector? Do I understand correctly that coils for the Red Racer won't work with the this detector? Also in researching I don't see any concentric coils for it, only DD configuration. I guess that's why everybody is raving about it's seperation ability.

The Red Racer and Racer 2 coils are compatible. The coils made by Makro for the Racer 1 & 2 are the 4.7x5.2" oor coil, the new 5" coil, 5.5 x 10 elliptical, 11 x 7 and a 13 x 15" coil. Yes all are DD coils. As of yet they haven't made a Concentric coil for the Racers.

I purchased a Racer 2 Standard pack and got the new designed 11 x 7 coil and used the other coils from my Red Racer. ( oor coil and 5.5 x 10 )

HH
gregg

I have the RC40. Got a lot to learn with it but so far it's looking pretty awesome. The ISAT smoothes it out well too. Also, because of the weight of the Racer 2 to begin with--the whole thing is very light to swing.
Great potential for the beach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QTvTADBAT0
cjc

I have the 5 inch, the stock 11 inch coil and the 5x10 coil. My favorite is the 5x10 coil for all around detecting. As far as I know , the coils are compatible between the two racers.

Thanks to all for your informative responses. The decision is getting easier by the minute. Would Mr. Clynick's book "Mastering the Makro Racer" be applicable for use with this detector as well.

I wrote the book because the best way to mediate the power of a machine like the Racer and become more accurate is to focus upon solid basics. These basics such as using the cross sweep, sizing and shaping responses, looking for "sets" of target characteristics for sure apply to both machines. The R2's new discriminate and stability features will add to this accuracy a lot, helping you to acquire more and deeper signals and be more conclusive in identifying them. Thanks for your interest.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

G'day mate besides the makro coils you can also purchase coils from Mars Md and nel. Both companies have a big range for all machines and of course the makro. Good quality coils for a good price too.

The Racer 2 pro comes with a 5" coil what is the difference between the 4.7x5.2" oor coil, the new 5" coil, Does one out perform the other ???

Thanks
Ronnie L

After using the Racer for a year and now the Racer 2 for a couple of months, and having and using both the OOR coil and the new 5.5" round coil I can't tell any difference. I will say the newer coil looks bigger at the end of the rod so it makes me feel like I'm covering more ground with it and the OOR "looks" lighter but I haven't weighted them both to see if there is any difference. For me it's a toss up.

Thanks Tom
I ready to buy and wanted to make sure of not buying twice !!

Ronnie