Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer 2 headphones

Dave_E

Troll
When using Detector Pro Jolly Roger headphones (16 ohm) with my Racer 2, the sound quality is fantastic but the volume is not very loud even when both detector and headphone volume controls are at max.

I use white Apple ear buds when the weather is hot and can only run them at half volume or it's too loud. They sound great too but do not cancel outside noise at all, so they're not good for noisy environments.

Is there a small, inline amplifier of some sort I can use with my Jolly Rogers to increase the volume but maintain that great quality sound?

Thanks.

Dave_E, I don't know of any in-line adapter or performance enhancing tool that will help you. I haven't cared for ANY of the headphones that have been marketed in the detecting industry that operate at 8 ohms or 16 ohms, and very, very few at 32 ohms. An exception to this is that I do use the new 2.4 Gig. Makro wireless headphones with my Racer 2, but also use my corded Pro Star and Hornet headphones the bulk of the time.

I use the term 'muffled' to describe the reduced loudness or brilliance of many headphones that use 8, 16 or 32 ohm speakers because most just do not sound good to me with my impaired hearing. I have been dealing with headphone selection a lot since '81/'82 when my hearing ability was declining and the military told me I was deaf and couldn't be hired for a full-time civilian job at an Aid Force base. I use the 50 ohm speaker Pro Star or 150 ohm sneakered Hornet headphones most often, but when it is hotter, or maybe when I am in dense, snaggy brush, I enjoy the 32 ohm wireless Makro headphones as they provide very ample performance, they are light and comfortable, too.

Just have to live with the muffled sort of audio that isn't very loud with the Makro wireless headphones while enjoying their light and comfortable feel and adequate audio performance.

Monte