Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer 2- Pulls out nice button from a bed of nails! :beers:

DigFella

As mentioned, I have been enjoying the heck out the R2 with the small coil in my nail loaded cellar holes :) The coil I'm using is the 4.5" OOR off my red racer Pro Pack, but I now have the round one from the R2 pro pack to see if there's any difference. After a week of rain, I was itching to get out. So, driving home from work & I'd remembered another trashy Colonial foundation I'd forgotten about along the highway. Again, it was considered "hunted out", but I had the R2 in my car & small coil on it & pulled over. Some people don't have the patience to listen to every nail like I do, but I love knowing what's below. Plus, rather than just getting one long low tone blur like my Garrett AT iron audios, I'm seeing every single square nail & watching each individual 04 flash on my LCD. I ran the unit right along the foundation itself where most guys won't even dare try to hunt. Heard that little squeek amid all the grunts & also a 60's ID show. I love finding military buttons & out popped my first engineers button from the Civil War era. I recognized the eagle w. banner motif right way & was happy to add a new military button to my display case thanks to the R2 :detecting:

They are sweet machines in the trash! SSSHHHH no more talk about the two different small coils........ I've seen it mentioned already about a "cult following" coming about from these two. Very different in what they do too, both very very good. You'll see the difference immediately and both do great! Let's say highly surgical and deep surgical.

that is really good considering, - if i had something that old i would dig every nail , amazing you sniped that out of that mess

SWEET!!!

My R2PP will be here Monday. I can't wait to compare it to my XP Deus in my beat up spots. We will see who is king

Can you share the differences between the two coils? Performance advantages? Thanks

Very nice save on the button.

Excellent!!! man the Racer sure finds relics and coins where others can't :thumbup:

Obviously I've had far more experience with the 4.5" original than the new 5.5"...........
I'm thinking in my short time testing both at nail loaded cellar holes, that I'll probably use the 4.5" where i really need to get "surgical" in the thickest nails, say along the foundations or inside them. The 5.5" is actually, dare I say, "big enough" to hunt a little bit further out from the heavy nails rather than going to the backpack for a bigger coil. I'm gonna grab another 4.5" from detector elect. before they are gone forever.........