Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

racer 2 sensitiviy in pinpoint?

bleeohio

Quick question, are the pinpoint mode and all metal mode tied together? I'm getting some deeeep non-ferrous targets that don't pinpoint so well as it seems I need to bring up the sens. in pinpoint to match my hunting sens. Hit a deep dime yesterday, (merc) that in pinpoint only give one flash of 11 (depth reading) but compared to normal signal strength, the pinpoint was a little weak.
Now, I don't use pinpoint all the time as I can x it pretty close but I like to use pp as another tool. I've raised the sens. in all metal but it doesn't seem to affect pp. thanks

Pinpoint is very VCO if that makes sense. That is what you are seeing. Keep at it, if you are digging 10 and 11 inch dimes you are at the the limit. However the dime is so small that deep mode seems to struggle past 10. However it does give you a hint that it is there, way better than most all others. I don't think raising the all metal sens is going to affect pinpoint sens either fwiw.

That's what i'm after, thanks. Yes in this mild, wet soil right now i'm getting great depth. It just seemed odd that my target signal is that much better than my pinpoint signal. only on the deeper targets though.