Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer 2 still getting it done

Kapok

Went out with my Racer 2 and the 7.5x4 coil. I had forgotten how much I love this detector. Used 3 tones and pulled out this nice 1892 Barber dome, 1917 holed Canadian large cent, 1917 and 20 wheat cents, and a really cool newspaper printing plate—looks like maybe Calvin Coolidge. Anyway, gotta give some love to the Racer—still gettin it done.

Kapok said:
Went out with my Racer 2 and the 7.5x4 coil. I had forgotten how much I love this detector. Used 3 tones and pulled out this nice 1892 Barber dome, 1917 holed Canadian large cent, 1917 and 20 wheat cents, and a really cool newspaper printing plate—looks like maybe Calvin Coolidge. Anyway, gotta give some love to the Racer—still gettin it done.

Some really nice finds. Congrats.

Nice finds and congrats on the Barber Dime. I agree the Racer 2 is a great machine. Same great performance as the other models....just isn't waterproof.

I used to love finding those canadian large cents when I lived in Toronto. Like the plate too!

Cal_Cobra said:
The R2 is by no stretch of the imagination obsolete :thumbup:

I agree LOL but maybe ya just need an "obsolete" detector to find all these old obsolete coins. I'm sure that new 800 is one heck've clad getter :smoke:

Great detail on that old Barber. The hole in the large cent is unfortunate. The level of detail is great on that one too. Nice green patina.

Whew!!!!. I thought my old racer 2 was headed to the trash now since it's so "old"
Haha don't mean to troll but this is pretty much the only non kruzer post I've seen lately!!!
As soon as I heal up a bit more I hope to get out and also have some racer 2 posts myself.
Great finds!!

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Whew!!!!. I thought my old racer 2 was headed to the trash now since it's so "old"
Haha don't mean to troll but this is pretty much the only non kruzer post I've seen lately!!!
As soon as I heal up a bit more I hope to get out and also have some racer 2 posts myself.
Great finds!!
Grretings, fellow Michigander. I still love the Racer2–so much fun to hunt with and still an awesome detector.

Kapok said:
Great finds!! Grretings, fellow Michigander. I still love the Racer2–so much fun to hunt with and still an awesome detector.
Been a beautiful week. Wish I didn't hurt my dominant hand. Hoping the weather holds up long enough to get out and have some fun.
Michigan as of late has seemed to be nicer weather is accompanied by rain. Haha

Just out of curiosity, I did know they made the 7.5x4 for the racer 2. I thought that was only an impact coil.

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Just out of curiosity, I did know they made the 7.5x4 for the racer 2. I thought that was only an impact coil.

They made one for the Racer. In fact, I just used it today.

That looks like the 5.5x9 that I have. As far as I know the impact is the only 7.5x4 I know

Stoof-tabsallday said:
That looks like the 5.5x9 that I have. As far as I know the impact is the only 7.5x4 I know
Dang it, you’re right! I can’t believe I’ve been making that mistake. It’s obviously not 7”. Pretty embarrassing...

Go stand in the corner for 10 minutes :rolleyes:

So it was the solid 5.5x9 you have? Lol or is it the newer open coil?

Stoof-tabsallday said:
So it was the solid 5.5x9 you have? Lol or is it the newer open coil?
I have the RC-26 10x5.5 solid coil for the Racer 2.