Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer Battery box replacement

Sonnyd

Does anyone know if you can by the battery box replacement Shell? As I commented in another post, Even new, my battery box felt a bit wobbly at the front. It wasn't anything to really worry about. When I got my Dust cover, you have to remove all of it to get the front of the cover over the box. Well after taking the bottom cover with the speaker off, I saw there were 4 screws holding the body on, two in front and two in back with a "bridge" that goes over the shaft to tie the box to the shaft. Well, one of the front two screws had been put it slightly crooked, and I could see a small piece where the screw, screws in was cracked off, and the screw not really doing anything. Obviously, the person who put it together saw it, and just didn't bother to bet another Shell on it... It's again, tight as it was new, but has that wobble in it. I'm not really trusting just 3 tiny screws to hold it on, and am afraid in a short time the remaining one will give way and let the box drop. I know it's. a common part, and they must have extras, for replacement, but I don't find any place to order one from, or how to order... Anyone have any Advice... I should have taken a picture when I had it apart, for those that have not seen inside. As they say a Picture says a Thousand words....

I replaced mine when that bridge you mentioned broke. 3 of those 4 screw posts were snapped. I emailed Dilek and she sent me another for free since my Racer was still under warranty. So even if your warranty has expired, at least you know they have the part on-hand.

Here's the thread of my replacement experience.
Racer 2 battery housing is wobbly

Kapok said:
I replaced mine when that bridge you mentioned broke. 3 of those 4 screw posts were snapped. I emailed Dilek and she sent me another for free since my Racer was still under warranty. So even if your warranty has expired, at least you know they have the part on-hand.

Here's the thread of my replacement experience.
Racer 2 battery housing is wobbly

Thank you for the info.... Yes, this was in about 2 month old and has about 5 hours of use on it....

I would contact dilek if the machine is under the 2 year warranty period
Dilek@noktadetectors.com

Yep new in April or May this year.. I. think they need someone with a little more steady hand to install those screws STRAIGHT......