Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer delivery ?

El

Any up-date on when the Racers will be delivered? Don't want to bug my dealer as he has probably been bothered enough.

Thanks,

El

My dealer emailed me today to say their allocated shipment was on the way to them and then they would in turn ship the Racer Pro Pack to me. The other good news is the optional 10x5.5 closed coil I ordered after the initial order also made the shipment.

If anyone is looking to unload a small coil I will take it off your hands. Just saying. LOL

El said:
Any up-date on when the Racers will be delivered? Don't want to bug my dealer as he has probably been bothered enough.

Thanks,

El

I received a UPS tracking number from my dealer today (Thursday, March 19)..
My Racer is being shipped (UPS Ground) directly to me from the distributor in Mass.
I'm on the opposite coast in California, so it'll take a while.
The estimated arrival date to me is March 25.
I guess in some cases the Racers are being shipped to the dealer and in some
cases directly to the customer. I'm happy that mine is coming straight to me.

Hell all,

new to the site but soon to be a proud owner of a Racer. My delivery is slated for today March 20, 2015. I ordered the Racer and the Makro pinpointer and some other accessories. Evidently the coil cover and baseball cap are not in yet .....my detector, pinpointer and rain covers will be in today and I will probably give the machine it's first test Sunday at a place we have hunted over and over (at least 100 times) and i will see if this beats out the Tesoros we have been using. My wife noticed me looking at machines ( i was researching the Racer) and told me jokingly that I couldn't buy a new machine unless I hit the lottery ..... well two days later I won $1000 on a scratch ticket and guess what was on order the next day. I will say the site i am going to is a known house site over 200 years of known history ...... we have hunted this place at least twice a month for 3 years .. it never produces a lot but you always seem to turn up a bullet a flat button or some unusual piece of jewelry or old coin (usually Indian heads). There is one part of the field you can now walk for an hour without getting a single tone but if the Racer hits on anything there I will feel confident in my new machine. the site also produced the only Confederate button I ever found .... have hunted for years dreaming of and I or an A... especially an A because i reenact artillery ...but never found but one part of the front of and I button .....until a day at this place where I dug the CSA Staff ..large .... didn't even know what i had at first .... Still my only one...but it sure looks good in it's case now ....

Ok .... first impressions much like everyone else packaged nice ....standard model ... went together very easy ....well except i put the coil on backwards .Hey I was excited and the Racer only has a single pin lock so you can't just spin the bottom shaft around either direction like you can on the Tesoro ...no big deal though and the Racer seems pretty well designed and well made ..... it seems to fit well in the hand (Sunday will be the real test).

One thing I have noticed is the coil protector holds water .... swung it around in the wet grass and when i turned it up right much water ran out i don't know how that would affect your detecting but it could be an aggravation if you pour it on yourself or into your car or house. ..and the Standard model does come with the coil protector...

It went a little haywire in the yard .... lots of chatter .. had to turn the gain down to 50 and ID filter up to 35to get it to quiet down ... don't know how much that affects the depth lots of small to mid size pieces of aluminum ...bottle caps ....wi fi ... and other noise around my yard .... ..again Sunday will tell the tale........... it's a much quieter and less trashy area.

This machine likes a fast swing.... i will have to get use to that .... almost seems depth picks up with the speed of the swing.

The volume knob was a little stiff at first ....made me nervous that I would strip the plastic knob off of the metal shaft. ......it freed up and feels just right after a few times turning it on and off.

I bought the rain cover which is nice to just keep on all the time and keep the dirt out .... after a few minutes you hardly notice it's there. ...and it covers up the dark red/ maroon color many complained about ...... i like the color fine .... but I reenact artillery and we kind of have a fondness for shades of red.

Oh they have put a rubber cover over the trigger switch .... i didn't see that on the test model videos.

The Makro pin pointer seems to work well ... just trying it on objects on my desk. It has a nice light and in the vibration mode ....... well i will just make sure I don't leave it laying around .... I think even with a thick glove on you will notice the vibration if you prefer to run in that mode as opposed to the beeps.

About it .... hope to hear good things from others about their Racers and hope to report back some good stories of my own ....