Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer Gold

darn, just when I had decided to buy a Fors Gold+. A modern high freq machine. Should be sweet.

I'm probably going to sell a few detectors so I can pick one up. It's going to be an exciting couple of years for new detector releases.

I see a thread there with lots of discussion but would sure help if you could restate your specific question? If you are asking how well does the Gold Racer run in your ground - well, honestly, nobody can answer that but you. The machine was designed first and foremost for nugget detecting. At 56 khz in my opinion it is too sparky to make a great detector for trying to pick non-ferrous items out of heavy ferrous trash. The way I see it:

The Makro Racer is a great all around detector, especially for pulling non-ferrous items out of ferrous trash. It can also do pretty well gold prospecting.

The Makro Gold Racer is a great VLF high frequency gold prospecting detector. It can also do pretty well doing other things.

It is all in the primary purpose you intend for each model as they lean different ways in their main design goals.

yep have to agree that I need to test the gold racer in the red dirt to really know how it does, so yes my main question is how it would handle the red dirt in the picture. so time will tell when more hit the ground if anyone takes one out in to those conditions guess it would have to be someone in Australia, probably the only place to find ground like it.

I know I have drove myself nuts reading peoples thoughts on detectors and just bought one to test for myself.

its a new adventure for me hitting the gold fields and yep the GPZ is 1st on the list but a VLF would be nice also if it could handle the ground.

time will tell as they say :biggrin:

AJ

VLFs are not rocket science. The hotter you make them on small gold, the more they see the ground and so the more issues they will have with the ground and hot rocks. The more you back off the gold sensitivity, the less problem you will have with ground and hot rocks.

So you can get a perfectly behaved VLF detector for your ground, but the gold sensitivity will be poor. Or you can get a VLF machine real hot on gold, in which case it will struggle with ground issues. Or something in between, take your pick. Makro did not solve this basic issue and nobody employing simple VLF tech will do so. You have to use different technology, like advanced PI or ZVT.

that's what I was trying to get a handle on had Makro come up with some new tech that will make them better than Fisher? guess not.

thanks for your help !!

AJ