Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer Ground Balance

jdeiana

The racer is the first machine that I have owned that gives me a good idea of soil type. I have been balancing at about 75-78 in my hunting areas. I live in Massachusetts. Is this considered good soil? Tough soil for detecting? I don't know a lot about this topic. Can anyone provide any feedback on this ground balance value?

Very good soil as far as I'm concerned. We generally GB much lower than that here in middle Ga. The good thing is it handles about all soil conditions very very well.

jdeiana said:
The racer is the first machine that I have owned that gives me a good idea of soil type. I have been balancing at about 75-78 in my hunting areas. I live in Massachusetts. Is this considered good soil? Tough soil for detecting? I don't know a lot about this topic. Can anyone provide any feedback on this ground balance value?

You should not use your GB number to get an idea of your soil's mineralization, rather bob your coil over clean ground and watch the pie shaped mineral index graph. If you see for example only a quarter or less blackened out, that's some low mineralized soil. If you see half way blackened out, that's medium mineralized soil. If you see 3/4 ths blacked out, that's some hot soil, and of course if you see it all blacked out, that's the real bad stuff. Stuff like you hear about around Cullpepper. And I think I'm correct when I say this. Your meter is based on using the stock coil to get a more accurate reading. After using the stock coil and getting a reading, and attaching small coil, you may/will see a lower reading (not as accurate) on the pie graph.