Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer Handle Ergonomics

berryman

For those of you who are testing the unit (Keith, Steve, Monte, etc.) what are your thoughts on the relatively steep angle of the handle/grip on the Racer? Is it a sound ergonomic design or is it creating hand/wrist pain with prolonged use?

I've wondered about that too. Maybe it's my imagination but it looks almost verticle in Keith's videos but appears to have more of an angle in the product brochure. It seems like common S shaped rods usually have a more relaxed bend in them like the Fisher Gold Bug Pro or Whites IDX style. Both of which I find very comfortable.

Very interesting observation. I'll be testing mine outside on Friday & I'll see after several hours how that S handle feels. I do love how my hands fit into the rubber grip grooves though.....

DigFella said:
I do love how my hands fit into the rubber grip grooves though.....

I wondered about those grooves too. I don't remember anyone mentioning them during testing, but the contours look like a great idea. A couple of reviewers have essentially said it's not a big deal on the handle angle. Looking forward to your review.

You'll notice the steep angle of the handgrip when your out say scouting...walking for a longways..its not too bad or noticable when your in one location....and especially say your using the small coil on a site for unmasking...

The strain comes from say walking several acres up and down hills and such.. then you will notice the pull on your forearm...

Yes the manual shows the lazy-s like on the Makro CF-77,,,,

Keith

Yes like the Etrac angle...

that angle places all the pressure on your forearm..

that angle is better suited for pistol grips where the forward poles are below you like on a T2 or MXT..

the lazy S will place more pressure on the undercuff of the armrest...

Keith