Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer maiden voyage..

bleeohio

Decided to hit a plowed field today, homestead site that I hunted pretty heavy this past fall. Had to break in my new racer and really wasn't expecting a whole lot for this spot. Boy was I wrong. First coin dug was a 1903 barber dime, and the flat buttons showed up along with a cool fob of some sort with a horses head on it, to bad it is bent. This site is a blanket of iron/nails and the good stuff is hard to pick out.
I will say, the racer handled it as good as any machine I've used. This has to be a relic hunters dream. What I'm not showing is the pile of musket balls, small bits of brass/lead. The depth is super for being broken ground as I find most machines lose depth in the plowed. This is about as easy detector to setup as can be. I used two tone but checked some in three tone. Left gain on preset 70 . Only change to preset was up the disc. to 25. Iron does not fool this thing. The only bad for me is the ergonomics,,,,it just doesn't fit my arm well if that makes any sense.. Gonna try it on grass tomorrow and see what I can come up with...

thats really nice for the 1st time out with the machine.