Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer once again in heavy trash produces CW button this time

3RINGER

Went back out in the yard of the CW hospital, trashy to the point other units I have went crazy. Had the small coil on and among the junk pops a sweet sound but numbers all over the place. Due to the sound of that high tone among all the junk I dug and pull a keeper in all this stuff.

Can't wait to get back out there. Same place the Con. staff officers button came from about 25 yrds away.

did you turn down the gain you may want to go back and start out at say about 40 if it is full of iron and or trash..

Thx for the tip low boy. I was at 80. Really had to work the area slow with short sweeps of no more than a few inches. Will try it next time.

Now that is awesome 3 Ringer! I love me some CW buttons! I'm with low boy! Turn down the sensitivity and try her out then.

As to the numbers "all over the place", did it stabilize on a certain range of numbers? Or just so many numbers from all the junk in the ground? How deep was she?

But a nice SWEET tone that says "dig me" huh? Congrats!

Bubba

39 is a great number for heavy trash or iron because you don't want depth but if you have a mix 39 won't hit on targets at about the depth of five inches..I did a test and I found 50-59 will still go deep

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
39 is a great number for heavy trash or iron because you don't want depth but if you have a mix 39 won't hit on targets at about the depth of five inches..I did a test and I found 50-59 will still go deep

:thumbup:

Any updates 3ringer on yer hunts lately? Especially where you found the button in the trash, 39 vs 59 gain, etc? :detecting:

Hay budda, bud I totally missed your 1st Q up top...it was just a tone among trash really that made me dig. Nothing over about 4-5". Did go back in and found a eagle button a few feet away from the staff button hole. The tip of my finger shows the old hole.

Very cool find 3 Ringer! Did the numbers jump around in this one as well, or was it more solid for you?

Bubba, not budda lol

All the good targets jumped around. It was after going back a really working a good tone it would get a little better. After digging the plug the good tone would sometimes totally go away, I would have to clear some iron to get it back...sometimes finding the good target while doing this.

Tone is the main thing I reference instead of TID.