Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RACER OVERLOAD CLARIFICATION

Nokta Detectors

Hello all.... as we see a lot of posts on the Racer overload situation, we wanted clarify it for you:

The electronic gain of the RACER consists of 3 levels to eliminate the internal electromagnetic noise and to adjust the saturation level. The electronic gain change points correspond to levels 39 and 69 on the Gain setting. In case of saturation (overload), you may raise your search coil a bit or adjust the Gain to the lower electronic gain level. For example, in the All Metal and Two Tone modes, if the Gain is set to 70 or above and if saturation occurs, adjusting the Gain to 69 or 39 will minimize or eliminate the saturation. Similarly, if you experience saturation in the Three Tone mode, adjusting the Gain to 39 will be sufficient. Reducing the gain will not cause a dramatic decrease in depth.

There have been reports posted of faulty coils received in the first batch of Racer's that also were tied into an overload issue.

Can you clarify the faulty coil issue?

Thanks,
Brian

My unit locks into overload .... you couldn't get it out of overload no matter what you did. I turned it off and back on .....removed the batteries .....turned it back on after re-installing the batteries and same thing Overload. It was 35 degrees Fahrenheit. I removed the coil cover and it worked fine. Put the coil cover back on and overload. Cleaned and checked the coil cover and nothing there. Replaced coil cover and 10 minutes later overload hang. Turned off the machine removed the coil cover and hunted the rest of the day with no problem. Just wrote Makro about this .... there is a small gap between the coil cover and the coil in the very center when you put the cover on. You can push up on the center and it is about 1/8 inch before they touch. I don't understand it and talk about it a little in my video. .... I hunted all day the next day with not coil cover (starting off in about 34 degrees) and it worked fine for the three hours I hunted. I love the machine and have given it good reviews but this issue does worry me. Freddie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqfuEBFVmOY&list=UUBBObTginln-8oFOBvl0psQ

Cal_Cobra said:
There have been reports posted of faulty coils received in the first batch of Racer's that also were tied into an overload issue.

Can you clarify the faulty coil issue?

Thanks,
Brian

Hello...at this point we really cannot say that there is a ''coil issue''. There may be a few bad coils out there which are single occurences but most comments we are reading on overloading are not a result of any coil issue and that is why we made the post about the overload.
In any case, if any customer thinks that they have a bad coil, they should contact the Makro team immediately and upon verification of the issue, they will be sent a replacement coil if necessary.

I wrote them thru their website yesterday about my situation (detector electronics asked me to contact them directly ) but have had no response. .

csarebelva said:
I wrote them thru their website yesterday about my situation (detector electronics asked me to contact them directly ) but have had no response. .

Please send an email to cavit@makrodetector.com
Will be faster.

Thanks Nokta Detectors ... have emailed the address your recommended.