Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer real world hunt video

You mean I won't have the "mama bug" won't have 1n not working,won't have AM as weak as a popcorn poot,won't have an old main board,won't have to send it back at least 3 times to then be told that just because the owners manuel says"US coins can be detected to 15/16 inches" that this doesn't apply any more---Why the Racer is taking ALL the mystery outta ownership.

Monte, thank you so much for your long post about the paper clip. I'm going to try that when I get home and try to learn more about my GBPRO with ultimate coil before abandoning the ship for a newer detector (which I want badly now)

simple test is to help everyone/anyone learn that 'iron' or 'ferrous' or 'magnetic' types of targets are not always going to behave properly.

The paperclip, in its original form or straightened out, usually 'behaves' like a good kid who knows how to mind his or her manners.

Sometimes, as you will learn, 'man' [size=small](either gender of the general reference to people)[/size] creates things using magnetic-based ferrous/iron material, but shapes them into an unwelcome shape for even sophisticated metal detector electronics and their operators to deal with.

Thus, while most nails, or wire and many other iron objects will behave, things like you making the paperclip into an 'O' configuration, or rusty tin, or bottle caps, leaves us with iron target challenges. Kind of like it displays the behavior of child during the 'terrible twos.'

So, all detectors will have some difficulty handling some problem iron trash. Your Gold Bug Pro, an Omega, an F5, an AT Pro, an MXT Pro, and even the FORS CoRe and Racer. That said, it is only one type of problem we can all encounter, and if the Discrimination is a little higher, than what you saw in the video, some of the high-tone blips from Iron might have been handled better, but it is going to bother us all.

But he worked that site with a mode and Disc. choice that I would have used, and I would expect such a variety of iron targets to be a little misbehaved at times. I also know that you can take your GB Pro and come see Keith or me and show us how it handles an iron nail challenge such as my NBPT, and I will guarantee you that it will be 'shopping season' at your house. I did like the F19 better than the GB Pro on this test, but it was still no match for the FORS or Racer.

Monte