Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer Scores Colonial Coin

csarebelva

Hunting in a patch of woods in Virginia a faint but solid sound. About 3 inches in the ground was this tiny silver coin. This coin weighs less than a gram and yet the race pulled it out. Even though I am still having to turn the gain down to 39 to keep it from overloading in temps below 45 degrees the unit still has enough pull to keep digging. This coin is a 1662 oak Tree Two Pence and one of the first coins minted on American soil and can sell in the four digits. Thanks Makro Racer .... I still say you have the best customer support and even though the overload issue still frustrates me in the cold I know that even at 39 gain I can pick out faint small signals better than I can with my other machines. Looking forward to getting the Racer 2 in the near future. Info on these coins http://www.pcgs.com/news/Un-Official-U.S.-Mint-Strikes-Coins-in-American-Soil/

nice find :bouncy: bugga someone decided a hole would look nice in it, have found some old coins too with holes, guess people like to wear them?

well done though nice coin!!

AJ

Curious, other than a Gain of '39' what were the other settings, as well as search coil and search mode used?

Monte

Standard coil .... Gain 39 - Forced by overload, Discriminate at 25, freq 3, two tone no tracking - sound was a bit faint but gave an ID of 58 ( silver is usually 88 for me but this thing weighs less than a gram) was about 2 inches in the ground only gave a 72 when I ran it right over the coil

wore them around their neck so they wouldn't lose them. This thing weighs less than a gram. Thanks

that baby is old

That is about the size of a ½ dime, great early coin, by the way,,,,,,great spot to hunt:)

Congrats on the early, RARE find :thumbup:

It may be the diameter of a seated half dime, but I suspect it's a fair bit thinner, more like a half reale.

HH,
Brian

I'll give you 4 digits,I just wanna keep my thumb,left hand as I'm I right.

Thanks all yes that's a 350 year old coin as thin as paper almost and weighs less than a gram and the Racer picked it out of the middle of the woods at about 3" deep. The sound was good solid reading but I would have bet buckshot until I dug it up. First coins minted in America.