Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer small coil test

KyJoe

This tiny front yard at my Mom's house is basically the "litmus test" for all my detectors over the past 15 years. Going over it left to right, front to back and diagonally with every machine. Detectors included: CZ's, Explorers, DFX, V3i, CTX3030, F75 Ltd, Gold Bug DP, and Deus ( I may have missed a couple). Thought I had it cleaned out with the CTX but the GB DP pulled out 20 more coins and my Grandfather's wedding ring He lost back in the 80's putting the light post in.

First up is the small coil. I have hunted with the F75's small coil also before. A 45 minute hunt turned up 5 coins, none very deep 3" to 6". Nothing special about the coins other than the fact they were there. Most were found next to the concrete driveway which has rebar. The prowess of this small coil is worth the price of admission so far. It's ability to signal on these coins next to the rebar is amazing. Next up will be the larger stock coil.

I would like to add how much I like the ergonomics of this detector. It's light and the control pad is well placed. The flashlight is awesome, backlight is too and the lit keypad just works.

This thing is so easy to get the most out of. No bootcamps, lectures or 120 page books to read. Just turn it on, GB, maybe bump the gain a little and you're off to the races. Spend a little time learning the tones and that's it.

Kudos Makro

thats pretty good when you can hit on coins that close to concert & rebar . that small coil is worth it .

I put the 5" coil on the racer, and detected a 6' x 15' grass strip next to a concrete picnic platform. Machine gun aluminum audio responses . I pulled 6 coins out of the aluminum infested ground. that small coil works well. 3 tone mode.