Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer VID on jewelry

oleterryg

I was a little tiny bit frustrated with my lack of finding jewelry with my new Red racer. So this past Saturday I dug 5 holes at different depths, and placed 3 silver and 2 gold rings in the holes and covered with dirt. The results gave me the reason why

Fir gold, the numbers that popped up were 75, 76, 77, 78. 43-45 too. Silver always at 84-93.

I recognized really quick that I had been passing up the gold numbers, thinking they were pull tabs and caps.

On a short hunt this morning, I found my first ring with my RR.
A beautiful 10k ladies pinkie ring. Also found another small piece , but not sure it's anything of worth. I think not.

The ring and the probable junk piece rang up hard at 76-77-78.
I was elated . Now I have my work cut out tracing over some ground which I know I have seen these numbers before. Dang it.
If I didn't have such bad hands and legs , I'd dig it all.

Congrats on the ring. I find with gold on just about any detector the numbers can vary so much that it makes it mandatory to dig just about anything past the iron cutoff. You might find a ring, a pendant, etc, that doesn't even come close to the numbers you mention. I've tested 4 gold rings with my CoRe and they give me anything from the high 50's, low 60's (really small ones) to 70 to 82 (large man ring). That's quite a large range to cover unfortunately.

Someone else wrote that he finds gold at 60-61, and 43-45, with a Racer 2.

Mike, I believe you are absolutely correct.