Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer videos

Elton

Why are there so many Racer videos out showing shallow coin finds ???. Most are just under the surface, and some on top of the ground.

The racer is very capable of deeper finds with either coil.. Keiths 10" dime being one example. And a very few other videos showing deeper finds.

I would like to see some deeper hunt videos ......Or some mid depth coin finds mixed with trash finds... that the Racer is very capable of finding..........

Did you mean coming soon Elton..LOL

well not all coins or relics are deep and for me I find the overload on the racer may be overloading my deus so it doesn't see the target...I thought about that a few times and that is another reason I like the racer...I am working on a video that has a lot of overloads and a couple of deep targets. For me I'm still testing it and it is breaking in at the same time. I'm in no rush to hit all my good spots they are being saved for next fall and they are real bad sites with iron and trash but relics and tools and who knows what else. That wiper snaper of a small coil is going to be a fun way to pick through the trash and I could work this area for a couple of years by myself

Elton,

It's a difficult thing to go out with a detector, digger, gloves, pin pointer, CAMERA, tripod AND dig DEEP coins!!
It just doesn't happen enough on a CONSISTENT basis.
Plus, [ if you are lucky enough to have the camera rolling ] and lucky enough to actually find a DEEP coin, it might be 15 minutes before the coin is found??!!
Have you ever edited film??
For every 1 minute you see it can take up to 3 hours to capture it and edit it down!
Why, films would turn into boring single find ones that would run on screen for ages BUT, YouTube won't allow films longer than 15mins unless "you're approved as a proper / genuine film maker with a point to make"

So, as ' a film maker' the exercise try's to show "multiple facets" in film shorts from 1min, 3mins to 15mins and NOT just a single point.

Had I been running a camera Sunday last when I used the 'Racer w/6" coil' id's have made a film showing the 4 'shallow' coins I found...you wouldn't have liked it...
BUT, those coins had been MISSED by many other detector set-ups incl, F19, E Trac, X-Terra, T2, Safari, Explorer, CTX, Deus...need I go on?

Just my 2c worth.

Des D

I dug about a 9"-10" Merc with Dominique on a well worn path in a park that had been hammered by every detector (Including my old ones). It was a solid 82 on the ID. It's on video somewhere I just need time to get this stuff edited :blink: I have hundreds of hours of Racer stuff on video including some small coil stuff. Ones almost done & ill link it here soon.....

Well Said Des D,

Filming takes a good deal of time out of your detecting. Like I try to show in some of the videos I have posted that the Racer is finding stuff where other machines have been over a hundred times. The point is you re finding something and deep or not a find is a find.

I have picked over 20 coins out of a spot we thought was done. Most were modern (a few wheaties) but still they were masked to other machines including Tesoros and Garretts. I don't think the Racre has the depth some are saying as I lost a target in a 9" deep hole .... found it with the pinpointer and it turned out to be a wheat penny ....I turned it flat in the hole and only got a slight beep when i went back over it with the Racer (on three tone) turned it to two tone and it was a better reading but that was in an uncovered hole but I am still happy with the depth and the separation is great and that is with the standard coil. I have my 4.5" x 5" coil on the way and will do a video with that soon.

Editing film to keep it interesting and not drawn out and boring is a task. When do you turn on the camera ..... you can't film the whole time or you will wear yourself out trying to edit. My last video we were just checking a field for a friend for large metal so he wouldn't hit it with his plow blades and next thing I know we have turned up a flat button, 2 bullets a block I button and a CSA solid cast button. Then I went back to the truck to get the camera. Look I wish all targets were only a couple inches deep....sure would save on my shoulder and back.

DigFella said:
I dug about a 9"-10" Merc with Dominique on a well worn path in a park that had been hammered by every detector (Including my old ones). It was a solid 82 on the ID. It's on video somewhere I just need time to get this stuff edited :blink: I have hundreds of hours of Racer stuff on video including some small coil stuff. Ones almost done & ill link it here soon.....

Thanks Bill ( Digfella) I'm anxious to see some deeper digs. Yes I know it is cool to find targets masked out.. BUT ..it's cool to see some deep digs too.

Des D said:
Elton,

It's a difficult thing to go out with a detector, digger, gloves, pin pointer, CAMERA, tripod AND dig DEEP coins!!
It just doesn't happen enough on a CONSISTENT basis.
Plus, [ if you are lucky enough to have the camera rolling ] and lucky enough to actually find a DEEP coin, it might be 15 minutes before the coin is found??!!
Have you ever edited film??
For every 1 minute you see it can take up to 3 hours to capture it and edit it down!
Why, films would turn into boring single find ones that would run on screen for ages BUT, YouTube won't allow films longer than 15mins unless "you're approved as a proper / genuine film maker with a point to make"

So, as ' a film maker' the exercise try's to show "multiple facets" in film shorts from 1min, 3mins to 15mins and NOT just a single point.

Had I been running a camera Sunday last when I used the 'Racer w/6" coil' id's have made a film showing the 4 'shallow' coins I found...you wouldn't have liked it...
BUT, those coins had been MISSED by many other detector set-ups incl, F19, E Trac, X-Terra, T2, Safari, Explorer, CTX, Deus...need I go on?

Just my 2c worth.

Des D

Thanks DES.......No I have never done a Video... Appreciate your clearing up for me the actual time and effort it takes.. You guys are sensational !!!!

n/t

Keep in mind....your mileage may vary but also keep in mind that if you haven't been digging anything deep, it may not because the deep finds aren't there. It may be that your soil conditions just wont allow it to happen if you are trusting your target ID and tones for those perfect 80 VDIs.

Now before some get all huffy about this video, let me explain something.

I know that it is fresh buried and that a target in ground longer might read better. The truth is, I have a dime buried at about the same depth that has been in the ground for nearly 10 years now. I could have used that dime as the one for my video BUT then I already know what would have happened.....everybody would have said "well how do we know for sure that there's a dime in the ground at that spot...and if there is actually a dime there, we don't know for sure how deep that it is" and then I would have had to dug it for proof and all that. I learned a long time ago that when you have fanboys to any particular brand or model, that they are only going to like the videos and reviews that show their current favorite detector as being the best on the market. Anything that is contrary to that, the fanboys get all mad and start coming up with conspiracy theories and name calling; the whole nine yards.

So instead of viewing this video in a negative light. Think of it this way: If you can go out and get a different result...then that means the detector will work for you in your sites. But it also shows that in some locations...people are ALWAYS best to test for themselves and see what results they are getting before going into some where blind and expecting the machine to perform like it does for someone else hundreds of miles away in a different soil type. This video may explain why some people are not finding things deep if they are looking for those 80 VDI numbers and tones...it could very well mean that their soil just wont allow for it to happen, as is the case in mine as you will see.

https://youtu.be/AXo5L6q8B-o

LOL Daniel you are a-ok .... thanks for the video.

I would say you are correct ........... and very few detectors will pop on a fresh buried target..

Oh Lord you hunt in that red playdough too huh! It's everywhere here in Middle Georgia and I avoid it like the plague. We've got some Here that is so deep red it almost takes on a black hue. Bad stuff to try and detect in and concrete is softer when set. I can hardly find anything over a few inches in that stuff ever.

The same result was found on the 10 yr old buried things in my plot. I just chose to do a fresh buried one so there wouldn't be any doubt as to what people were seeing and hearing. If I wanted to, I could easily have had a coin preburied at 4 or 5 inches and just told everybody it was 9, 10, 11 inches to make it look like the detector was pouncing on it. I did it this way so people could see what it was, how deep it was, etc.

There were a few things that bugged me with what I had been reading on the forums. The first and biggest was I was reading a few posts saying the Racer with small coil was really deep in bad soil and had good ID in bad soil too. I guess now the questions are: what is bad soil, what do you consider to be deep, and what is a good ID.

In my neck of the woods, if a coin IDs as iron at just 6 inches...then you are probably only getting a good ID down to around 3 or 4 inches. And 3 or 4 inches is not deep in my book. You'll have a good clad killer though. I know the FBS machines don't like fresh buried things either but the CTX with 6 inch coil can correctly ID the dime at almost 7 inches. Thats what I consider to be fairly deep with a small coil.

Cal_Cobra said:
Here's one I just did on the Racer....

[video]https://youtu.be/vIFnXVREzdA[/video]

The video seems to run for only a few seconds Cal ????

csarebelva and Elton (and everyone else on the Makro Forum)

Thanks for the interesting chat about "Racer" videos etc (Thanks go to Elton again for his huge support of some of my previous films when they were Minelab centric)

"I'm nearly ready" :detecting:

To begin filming the "Racer" at work in some various locales / situations.
Just have to get a couple of other projects out of the way first.
As 'csarebelva' said, the huge amount of work that goes into [ a film can not take a whole bunch of time and tape and such but also can leave you with HUMongous files on your computer to edit and as I shoot in HD the RAM on my computer goes into overdrive! ]
So I'm working on that too: a New computer.

I plan on going 'Big' into video from June onwards...and really looking forward to shooting the "Racer" as it's story deserves to be told!
(please be patient and I promise to deliver)

Good Hunting

Des D

n/t