Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Railway token found with Vaquero

hatpin

Hunted the park yesterday with my Vaquero and stock coil . I've been super tuning it , trying to find deep stuff left behind by the other detectorist . I'm really concentrating on the faint mellow tones . So I had the sens set at the end of the red , GB neutral , Disc at min. and threshold set at slightly above a hum in all metal . I dont want the threshold any higher because I use that pinpoint button often just to hear what the targets sound like in all metal . Its a very useful button .So I got this faint but solid tone that disc out at nickle and thats exactly what I was expecting . I got down to about 7 inches , the length of my digger , and the pinpointer finally sounded but there were several rocks in the way . I had to enlarge the hole to go deeper . I cut another access plug popped the rocks out and another couple of inches deeper I finally got a signal in the dirt pile . This thing is tiny with holes in it ,a lot less than the the mass of a dime .Its a railway token from a neighboring town . The reverse reads GOOD FOR ONE FARE . That Vaquero will go get them.

Nice, I like finding stuff like that. Silver is great, but stuff like that is more exciting than finding another rosie or merc dime for me anyhow.

hatpin, that is one awesome token!

I think I need to hunt around some old train station areas...

Congrats! It is fun ro pop up an old token.

Sweet!