Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rain jacket in the future?

rarysgaard

I was wondering if XP was considering a rain jacket & or dust cover for the Deus. It would be great for rain as it would protect the control box & still allow you to see the information.

On rainy days leave the control pad in the car. I saw the video with the headphones in a jar of water. So they are safe in the rain. Of course you could get a WS4 adapter and put the headphone control under your rain coat and use a pair of waterproof ear buds.

I went online and bought 1000 3x5 ziplock bags. They work perfectly and the controler will still clip onto the shaft.

I took the leather case that comes with the deus and made a cover i was never gonna put on belt and 4x 5 or 6 bags fit great you can tuck the bags right behind the cover so you have them when needed hth don

I am pretty sure there are already rain covers out there for the Deus. I am not sure that XP supplies them, but do a google search and I am sure you will find the ones I am talking about. I hear they work great and fit well.

Hope this helps.

HH -Marc

Hi Marc! Thanks for your imput. I am not aware of anyone currently who sells them, but I wil try google. if you come across them please email me or post on forum. Take care!

I purchased a very nice cover from Maureen at http://www.scottishdetectorist.co.uk/ . Just received it yesterday and it's much nicer than any I've seen.

Thanks Les! I want the one in the lower left you posted but the seller won't sell out of the U.K. Trance, I didn't like the ties hanging out, but thanks.

here is the one i bought. I had mine done in black with read thread and airforcemikes was done in camo... Mine is still enroute but airforcemike has his already and said they are awesome and work great!

This is probably me being a bit cheeky, but Detecting-Goodies (www.scottishdetectorist.co.uk) posts worldwide. The Deus cover is waterproof, and has a drawstring that you can fasten around the Deus stem to prevent the control box hitting the dirt if it gets knocked off the stem.

Thanks for the infromation. I did see that one, but didn't like the draw strings hanging out and didn't see the need for them as the box shouldn't fall off unless I am doing something to knock it off.

Looks pretty cool so I ordered one. I always just used a ziplok baggie so it will be nice. I had a waterproof box that held the control unit with my last Deus but it went with the machine when I sold it. It was not real practical for a quick rain shower.

The Detecting-Goodies cover can be changed to your design if you want. Just let me know what changes you need (I like a challenge:))

I have used one for some time now and posted on the UK sites how good it is.

It will fit either type of controller mount and the draw string adjuster is a great idea. Jerry.