Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rainy Day Silvers & Chicago "Vote Twice for..." anti prohibition token

treasurefiend

Went out metal detecting with DDub & Lookn4seated to a set of woods that I did some research on and wanted to hit for the past 3 years but never got around to it, well I'm glad that I finally got a chance to detect it!!! Right off the bat I found an IH then a buffalo then a dime and as the day wore on more oldies kept popping up. At one point the rain got so bad that we had to take refuge in the truck for at least 30 min's but once it let up we were back out detecting again finding more oldies. The quarter I found is my newest oldest silver but the token is by far the best find of the day for me. We are definitely going back to pound that place for all it has!!!

You all herd the old Chicago saying "vote early and vote often", well this token is the proves that fact. I found this token yesterday and wanted to share it. Alderman A.J. Cermak later went onto become the Mayor of Chicago and yes the road was named after him. hahaha The token was from between 1919 - mid 20's it was against the prohibition law was that was passed in 1919. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmbyLoIGzNs​

Nice video TF...also some sweet silver coins....congrats on your
oldest dated silver. Still like the token best though. HH
Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Great finds and great video. Where is lookn4seated`s stuff? I enjoy ddub`s and your videos, man !

Nice finds and neat video! I really like the silver and Indian Heads and that's a nice Buffalo. That token is really cool. From what I read, Cermak was assassinated while shaking hands with President Franklin D. Roosevelt. There's rumors that the mob put the hit on him and others thought the assassin was trying to kill FDR. Lots of intrigue and lots of history. Thanks for sharing your finds and HH.

TokenDigger said:
Nice finds and neat video! I really like the silver and Indian Heads and that's a nice Buffalo. That token is really cool. From what I read, Cermak was assassinated while shaking hands with President Franklin D. Roosevelt. There's rumors that the mob put the hit on him and others thought the assassin was trying to kill FDR. Lots of intrigue and lots of history. Thanks for sharing your finds and HH.

Yup on his tombstone it has his supposed last words "Im glad he got me and not you" thats what was rumored he said to President Franklin D. Roosevelt after he was shot. Later on the assassin Guesseppi (something or eather) got the electric chair.