Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

rainy outing

Draco

Rainy outing today to the forest. He had withdrawal syndrome šŸ˜‰ Five cents of the provisional government 1870

Attachments

• 20220126_154235.jpg
    20220126_154235.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • 20220126_123158.jpg
    20220126_123158.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
Neat coin....with some nice age. I don't like hunting in the rain, but a hunting buddy and I have been braving the elements starting out with temps of 22-24, wind chill 15-16 with n e wind, the past two mornings on a site with a limited hunting window. Been worth the discomfort, though.

Rain poncho and hot hands are fairly normal for winter hunting. You seem to have a pretty good woods area you are hunting. HH jim tn

Really, when I like to hunt the most, it's when it rains. There are usually very few people around. Yes Jim, it's a forest where I've been hunting for years, but it's really tiring because of the amount of vegetation there is... Large trees, small trees, branches, vines, bramblesšŸ„µ

Really, when I like to hunt the most, it's when it rains. There are usually very few people around. Yes Jim, it's a forest where I've been hunting for years, but it's really tiring because of the amount of vegetation there is... Large trees, small trees, branches, vines, bramblesšŸ„µ
I hunt the woods a lot in the winter months. Ground is always diggable regardless of the temps. Also, no tic's, which I hate. I often use a 5 x 10 solid coil as it is easier to get in, under, through and around brush without hanging up and its profile goes through brush easier. Good luck, bud. HH jim tn

You guys are tougher than me, with temps down that cold I'm staying home drinking hot chocolate and watching old westerns.
How about if you had a 250+ acre site that saw activity from Civil War times to present with a brief window before heavy equipment rolled in and the spot most likely becomes off limits? And somewhat quite surprisingly, no one else thus far is hunting it. And, quite early in the hunting, Seated coins, Barbers, I H cents, V and Buffalo nickels, 1 large cent, bullets, buckles and buttons, silver jewelry and modern era silver coins, including 3 half dollars, were being found. Just saying! HH jim tn

How about if you had a 250+ acre site that saw activity from Civil War times to present with a brief window before heavy equipment rolled in and the spot most likely becomes off limits? And somewhat quite surprisingly, no one else thus far is hunting it. And, quite early in the hunting, Seated coins, Barbers, I H cents, V and Buffalo nickels, 1 large cent, bullets, buckles and buttons, silver jewelry and modern era silver coins, including 3 half dollars, were being found. Just saying! HH jim tn

That happened to me in a place where they started throwing debris. I went ahead and was able to rescue more than 30 coins from the 15th century. Now I plan to give them to the museum, given their importance to the city.

I like that intro, ā€œwhat if you hadā€¦ā€ If I had that Iā€™d be a pretty quiet happy fella!

I like that intro, ā€œwhat if you hadā€¦ā€ If I had that Iā€™d be a pretty quiet happy fella!
I have Draco's post hijacked pretty good, but that spot has been a blast. Buddy got a large cent this a m, but will need some work to get a date. I got a === & Ohio railroad baggage tag which appears to be Pre Civil War and 3 modern era silver dimes this morning, of most notable recoveries. HH jim tn