Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Raised iron nail test SIMPLEX

Nice Test! - I've done this test with numerous machines and good Single frequency machines with recovery speed should pass this test. I know longer have a Simplex so I am curious to know how would it perform if you notched out the nail first? Wonder if you would get better or similar performance on the coin.

My understanding is that the Iron Bias setting is needed on the multi-freq machines to address this particular scenario. When the iron bias is set to a level that essentially is notching out up to a higher ferrous value. Since multi-frequency machines read both Ferrous and Non-Ferrous simultaneously this makes sense.

I believe on the Explorer, Etrac, and 3030 series of machines there was not an actual setting called IRON-BIAS but this was essentially accomplished in the same manner by discrimination patterns.

Looking forward to seeing how the legend performs with the Iron Bias setting update. ** It's hard to say how many people actually need this and for what percentage of their hunting is in heavily iron infested sites but I know in Colonial spots (Calabash) and even in the Midwest where I am located we hunt old home sites where it is not uncommon to dig several nails in a hole before you find the target in question. That's not to say we don't dig Iron targets. I fill buckets full of iron targets that all machines are still fooled by.

@ I am located we hunt old home sites where it is not uncommon to dig several nails in a hole before you find the target in question. That's not to say we don't dig Iron targets. I fill buckets full of iron targets that all machines are still fooled by.

Put all your detectors away and use just one for a whole season and maybe not all your detectors will be fooled by iron.

After a bucket of iron targets you should have it figured out.....if not, try a different detector or maybe ask others how to use a certain brand of detector.
"NOBODY is good at everything they do, but all are good at one thing, if they learn to work with it."

For people who have seen the raised iron test that has been used to see the performance of the legend and deus 2. This is the same test , but for the simplex.

Simplex wins again