Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ran in to John Rogers after 40 year.

Brandy[Ma.]

My Father's old hunter,trapper friend I first meet 40 years ago in the back woods of upper Maine two day hike to he's camp.He and my farther would camp out all winter in Maine,no cabin no food from the market.All off the land for them two.John build himself a cabin deep in the woods of upstate new york for he's 70th birth day last year.I was on my way to go detecting after work today up along the river and saw a van with Maine plates and a old man coming out of the woods with a pole and a burlap sack.I hit the brakes and walked back to see if it was him, John Rogers "The Snapping Turtle Hunt".John's been in National Geographic [twice] Yankee Magazine and a few others.He's broken the worlds record four time[three of he own] Well dang of it wasn't him.I walked up to him,John? He said ya,I said you probably don't remember me I'm Brandy.Charles kid?he says.Yup,well he dripped he's pole and sack and gave me a bear hug got me off the ground. He was laughing and crying at the same time spinning me around till we fell to the ground.He stands up and says"we must smoke for your return".We went back to the van where he grab a long Indian pipe pouch.We walked back to the river and smoked Indian stile.He filled the pipe and handed it to me.He was impressed I know how it was done as I took my hand into the smoke and brought it up over the top of my head. We talked and smoked for about two hours.To make a long story short,he's going to call me to do some turtle hunting.Talk about a small world.I'll get some photos of him,the dog,and van.Show you what a redneck Mainer looks like.

[attachment 90174 fredindiantobacco.jpg]

So I'm actually very close family of John Rogers. If you have any questions for me about him regarding where he's at in his life right now, feel free to email me at zconnor21@gmail.com