Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rapid Beeping

reddirtfisher

:cool: May I ask some of you tech guys a question? :nerd:What causes a metal detector to rapidly beep a continuous beep? It does it on start-up. Seems to be worse when sensitivity control is increased. I replaced the batteries but it didn't help. What are some of the possible causes? :shrug:This is a low end Bounty Hunter. :thumbdown:

IT sounds like you have a defective detector,might be a IC or a cap brakeing down
when you increase power.is it a VLF or PI detector.
Frank-S

Somthing is oscillating and not stabilizing a circuit... this is proably due to defective circuit in your machine. Moe than that its hard to say..

:cool: OK, I rewired the coil, changed out the battery leads and cleaned the circuit board and it is still doing it. I either have a bad coil or circuit board so this one is being salvaged out on Ebay soon for parts only. Thanks for the replies. Best Wishes, RDF:detecting:

Some detectors beep to indicate battery life. If this beeping is similar to the beeping that indicates the condition of the batteries, then it is possible something as simple as a cap is bad in the associated circuitry. It helps to know the detector and possibly have a schematic.

Reg