Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rare Compadre

skookum

Hi,
Got my hands on this unit in exchange for some welding work.
LIGHT is the word you can use with this unit without blushing.
At first I thought it was a toy, but first air tests even with the small coil were quite good.
I can change coils because it is not hard wired and the long rod is yet to arrive by mail.
It discs out iron way better than my Fisher 1270 - I will make some depth comparison tests - and if it is as deep the heavy 1270 will be sold.

23224423sp.jpg

23224424ms.jpg

23224425fz.jpg

hh

skookum

Interesting conversion,the only machines that i have seen done like that are for when say hoard or relicc hunting with say a Pulse machine and then used down the hole for confirming what the possible target is.I have a similar conversion but mine was made from a spare Compadre control box and a 4'' coil that i had laying around.

That is what i would use it for but yours may have been made for another specific use.,its a nice novel conversion but why all the work that has been done on the control box and then has that ultra small midget shaft.

I like the unit having a ground without a threshold. makes for grounding a bit difficult. Cool tho if you wanted to use it over a log. I know some lumber mills run detectors over there logs to check for nails. .

Hi,
This unit was used to backpack and then to inspect stone walls within buildings, after the walls had been subjected to UV light to show any work other than from the original builder.
Newer work in mortar can be seen under UV light much better than with a flashlight or light bulb light and such work could mean patched up hiding places or even doors layed shut.

hh
skookum

That is awesome!!!! It is like a tejon jr!!! 2 disc.......if you could add a pin point to it, that would be a kick tail little unit!!!!

don't know if they still do but they probably do they will make you any configuration you want of cause it will cost more, but the boards are all pretty similar from what I have read.

AJ

Nice little outfit but I am willing to bet that this has been modifed by someone, not made that way by Tesoro. I am pretty sure that Tesoro would not use a bolt with a wing nut to hold the control housing in place & I do not thing that the faceplate is a color scheme that they have ever used.

Hi,
It was not made by Tesoro but by someone skilled in electronics.
Sven (the PI guy) posted a pic of a similar unit some time ago.
I am a capable certified welder but skills with a low-Watt soldering iron on a PCB are not in the arsenal of my shining strong assets.
To tell the honest truth - when it comes to electronic circuits I wouldn´t know my arse from a hole in the ground.
I believe that a guy should stick to matters where he is good at and leave work that he can´t do properly to those who can.

hh
skookum

It's a modd'd Compadre not a factory unit.
I think it was built around 2004-2005 by a Findmall member Pepso, think he was also a Geotech Forum member.

I like that kinda thing,

Ha! I was just looking into getting a Compadre for modding purposes. I want to try my CSC on it. Was going to start a thread to see if anyone has first hand experience with the CSC on a Compadre?

Not to hijack the thread.. But I want to know if it will be a as sensitive to small chains with the CSC. My bandido II micromax is not so good on small chains.

cant answer that question but I do have a suggestion try the detech 6 x 8 coil on the bandito next on my hit list, i have the 4 pin on Vaquaro and found a fine bracelet with it never found one like that before very sensitive coil.

AJ

Hi,
@TN Mike : what is a SCS; or better : what does SCS stand for ??

hh
skookum

skookum said:
Hi,
@TN Mike : what is a SCS; or better : what does SCS stand for ??

hh
skookum

I pretty certain it means the Tesoro Cleansweep coil its the 18'' long x 3'' wide,almost certain that is what they mean.

TN Mike said:

TN Mike said:
Not to hijack the thread.. But I want to know if it will be a as sensitive to small chains with the CSC. My bandido II micromax is not so good on small chains.
CSC strands for the Clean Sweep Coil from Tesoro.

Monte