Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RARE Garrett Spartan 175

I'm not related to the auction... unfortunately the shipping for Italy are too high.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Garrett-Electronics-Spartan-175-Metal-Detector-Working-Condition-Red/254334517223?hash=item3b3784bfe7:g:lgkAAOSwKzVdULmB

this is the rare spartan 175 featured in Karl Von Muller treasure hunter manuals.

link isn't working

Rare but not rare. Just a reboxed, re-metered Garrett The Hunter zero-drift BFO from what I can tell. The electronics look the same as my Hunter.
Karl used to advertise them heavily during his Examino publishing days. I almost bought one back then. That is also when BFO's were the best thing going.
Karl was a real smart cookie with a ton of common sense that anyone can learn from and apply to daily living. Loved getting the Prospectors Gazette. I even had a number of his silver arrowhead necklaces which were made from Spanish Silver Treasure that was alloyed with some gold.

Tom_in_CA said:
link isn't working

ohh sorry, it was an eBay auction but probably the link was "jammed" by the website

Sven said:
Rare but not rare. Just a reboxed, re-metered Garrett The Hunter zero-drift BFO from what I can tell. The electronics look the same as my Hunter.
Karl used to advertise them heavily during his Examino publishing days. I almost bought one back then. That is also when BFO's were the best thing going.
Karl was a real smart cookie with a ton of common sense that anyone can learn from and apply to daily living. Loved getting the Prospectors Gazette. I even had a number of his silver arrowhead necklaces which were made from Spanish Silver Treasure that was alloyed with some gold.

yes i got two books of mr. Karl (TH 6 and TH 7)... i'm very fascinate by those early technologies.. so sometimes I google for it :)

so it's the same machine as the garrett hunter ? i like to build this units but unfortunately i never found data for garrett machine (schematic)

Basically a useless detector, no depth and noisy, i had a Garrett BFO if the target was on the surface you had a chance. Lol.. The only thing ,i can say good about it was it did cause me to Listen carefully and pay. attention...