Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ratchet pin point

yazoo

Does the new V3 use ratchet pin point?I have had my new v3 out a couple of times now and some targets seems to fade away.So was wondering if anyone knows anything about it.Have opened about every window and can not find it on the detector.Is it hiding?The detector seems to be very good for what time I have on it best find so far was a wheat at 11 inches,tone was good using deep silver. Thinking this might just be a keeper. My hunting partner Magic pulled a silver dime at 12 inches.There is alot to learn and it does like to eat batteries. Thanks Yazoo

To get to VCO & Ratchet .... search audio>enter>zoom>pinpoint audio>enter .. I dont think Ratchet is on by default in any of the programs... I have experienced what you are describing though .. I was thinking maybe it was ground balancing to the target..

wildherre

Hi yazoo

Glad to hear some good reports on what depth your getting, i know when you say you found something at this depth it's no bull as you say as you find.

The deep silver programme rejects -96 - + 64 i always thought the higher the discrimination the less depth you got ?

Have you tryed the Hi pro programme this seems excellent

The only concern i have purchasing the vision is using the 22.5kHz and the combination of the D2 coil

With my DFX and the D2 coil and the 15 kHz the machine is totally unstable what ever ground i try and use it on

The combination of using high frequency and the D2 coil on the Vision is a big worrie to me, will it see to much iron and sound off all the time,as the DFX did.

Havent got too use it much yet but the D2 and all the programs and freqs I have got to play with .The thing seems mighty stable. Yazoo

treasureisland said:
With my DFX and the D2 coil and the 15 kHz the machine is totally unstable what ever ground i try and use it on

The combination of using high frequency and the D2 coil on the Vision is a big worrie to me, will it see to much iron and sound off all the time,as the DFX did

On my MXT, which is a 14kHz, the D2 coil works flawlessly. I'm able to run it at max gain +3 with very minimal extra chatter. DFX users on other forums have also had very good results with it and looking at all the other reports and reviews from the other Vision Users, haven't heard of any issues with the stock D2 coil.

There has been an issue with a small batch of the D2's that left the factory with either a shielding or a thermistor issue (can't remember which), and the symptons were exessive falsing, very poor depth, etc. Might be worthwhile to have that coil checked out at a dealer..

Hi Yazoo , My Vision will sound to accepted targets %100 N fade to %50 also , I thought I had a probalm ,
It might be pin pointing??? Tracking ??? iron next to the target??? how many others units out thear???
yazoo keep me in the Loop, This auido thing is hard to explain, Thanks Mickfin

GpSnoopy said:
treasureisland said:

The combination of using high frequency and the D2 coil on the Vision is a big worrie to me, will it see to much iron and sound off all the time,as the DFX did

On my MXT, which is a 14kHz, the D2 coil works flawlessly. I'm able to run it at max gain +3 with very minimal extra chatter. DFX users on other forums have also had very good results with it and looking at all the other reports and reviews from the other Vision Users, haven't heard of any issues with the stock D2 coil.

There has been an issue with a small batch of the D2's that left the factory with either a shielding or a thermistor issue (can't remember which), and the symptons were exessive falsing, very poor depth, etc. Might be worthwhile to have that coil checked out at a dealer..

Hi I only really had problems with the coil on my DFX when using the 15 kHz, the best data was fine, i started of with a 10x6 coil that had no problems but wanted extra depth so got the D2 coil because of all the great reports.

I later sold it to a MXT user when i found out a vision was coming out day 2 i think it was i quickly sold my DFX as well as i knew the resale value would drop like a bomb as soon as news of this new detector got out.

In other words i am putting all my faith in the Vision and will be buying one when they hit the UK this is why i ask a lot of questions on this forum about how deep the thing will go and other questions that for some reason seem to annoy certain people.

I was even accused as an Ace of spades short of a full deck trying to win at solitaire by someone which i found extremely insulting, i have been in the hobby for 30 years, i am careful with my money, and like everyone i am trying to find out all i can about this detector before i buy.

Thanks for your reply it is very much appreciated