Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ratphones

WessThompson

wondering if anyone out there can give me their impressions on the ratphones...they sound like a good working headphone, but I'd like to know how comfortable they are, as I tend to detect all day, and find some headphones kill my ears (due to comfort, not sound)...any thoughts on these!? Thanks

Wess

I use them and they are the best I have ever used. They block out a lot of exterior noise and are very comfortable. They switch from a white's type detector to my minelab detector just by swapping ends of the cord. Also the cord can be replaced if need be with a trip to radio shack, which is a great feature that I learned the hard way. My first two sets of handphones went bye bye because of cord damage. First set the cord got caught in the back hatch of my explorer and the second set I accidently stept on the cord and stood up. I really wanted a set of the Grey ghoust NDT but they were so expensive. And then I saw the RATs deceided I would give them a shot because their features and COST. I have never regreted my decision.
I have to say that there are alot of good products out there.
Hope it helps
HH Shawnv(OR)

thanks for the reply. The ability to change the cord in the field is one of the main selling points for me. I work in electronics, and could repair a cord easily enough...but that's not something I'd want to do in the field *hah*

I too have had several cords go on headphones...which sucks when you own a $150 set of headphones.

The Ratphones are priced right...and I like the idea of 250 ohms

I own a set of Gray Ghost Ultimates right now which I am very satisfied with, but want another set of quality headphones. Thanks for the help

Wess