Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Raw depth?

Ron Brown

If I wanted to pick up a coin sized target using raw depth, target ID not required, what would be the best setting to use on my F-75?

I was thinking, JE, Disc 0, Monotone, sens as high as I could get.

Thanks. HH

I seem to have a fairly stable unit in that I can crank it up to around 97-98 w/o a lot of static. And depth is very good at 70.

But to your point, I agree with Andy in that you're right in the ballpark, if not already on the mound.

Hi Jimmy.........All metal ( We are referring to the Right Hand Menu) on the F75, does not necessarily equate to maximum detecting EFFICIENCY.

WHY?

It is because STATIC ALL METAL usability is very dependent on the site's mineralisation AND the fact that the F75 does not automatically track any changes.

Also, and very important, is the question of whether the operator can maintain the unit's threshold levels during a long sequence of dynamic working conditions.

The term 'dynamic conditions involves not only the ground, but also the ambient temperature, and the operator's diligence in keeping the detector at its optimum threshold setting after he's pinpointed etc.

The RH side's MOTION-ALL METAL is the preferred mode if you choose to work in the 'right hand side' menu. This at least will take care of 'electronics drift' by virtue of the A/C coupling circuitry. The later fact is what defines it's title of 'Motion' All metal.

From my user experience, the discrimination modes prove to be the most conducive to comfortable, and hence tolerable long period detecting.
It is of very little benefit to have to struggle both mentally and operationally just to hopefully find some target which is deeper than the average find.
That is compounded by the fact that you won't be able to realise what it is in numerical ID terms. So you could be wasting a lot of effort on otherwise unrequited finds.

You can achieve the same outcome in Disc-Motion modes, using single tone audio, with less hassle.

There are subtle benefits when using the Right Hand side menu's ALL METAL MODES if you have, or can acquire, the temperament to tolerate the general mood of it.
Interference problems and certain noise sources can be reduced.
The only way to know if RHS menus's All Metal is your kind of detecting, is to redo one of those sites you think you've hammered into silence using the LHS Motion Disc. then afterwards analyse the two experiences, not from the finds alone, but from the point of the 'feel good' factor..........Hope these comments are of help in your search for answeres.........MattR.UK.

Over here we have areas in the south where the mineralization is severe, and you just CANT hunt it in Disc. All metal operation is the only way you can hunt it, and thats why you'll find that the preferred relic hunting detectors over here are true threshold based all metal machines. (or at least include an all metal mode).
Also, the benefits of using all metal to get that last bit of depth can be VERY rewarding when your in the right area, and the right belt plate can fetch 10 grand.
location and ground composition can make a BIG difference in the value and desireability of a good all metal mode, and how productive it may be.....VS disc mode.
I've hunted a number of areas in the UK..(mostly east), and pretty much every place I've ever dug there is pretty sweet soil. I understand its a bit of a different story as you travel west???
In good soil, I believe there isnt enough of a difference in depth between All metal and disc to make all metal worth it, but in bad soil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its a whole nuther ball game!!!!!!!