Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RAW... NATURAL GOLD??

Number9

I own two Minelab Sovereign GTs. I use them at the beach when we go on vacation and do some relic hunting here at home.
I also prospect for gold in Georgia and North Carolina. I know of several locations where gold nuggets have been found in the past.
I researched this forum for info about using a GT to hunt natural gold, but didn't find anything about using one for this purpose.

Has anyone used a GT to hunt natural gold? If so... can you tell me the outcome and setup you used?

Thanks!
Wayne

Never used mine to hunt un-refined gold but see no reason for you not to if:
It can handle the hot ground where gold is normally found, and that should
just about cover all of Ga. with it's iron rich clay. and the hot rocks that are also
every where. I think if you run in AM only you might have a chance but the only
way to tell is to just do it and see how it works out. Don't believe you will have much
luck with a large coil, I'd stick with a 5" sniper if I had it, or a 8" at the very largest.
For the small nugget's go with a very slow sweep speed in order to give it a chance
to process all the ground noise. HH

Thanks for the reply.

I may give it a try to see how it does before going to a gold detector.
Will check on another coil to replace the 10".

Best at ya!

The sov should pick one of these up if you pass over it