Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rc .26 coil for makro. Racer 2 ??

ohio fred

Is this coil better than stock.? Are a lot of them breaking at the ears or mount? 10x5.5. .Can you recommend a coil this size for Racer 2.

ohio fred said:
Is this coil better than stock.? Are a lot of them breaking at the ears or mount? 10x5.5. .Can you recommend a coil this size for Racer 2.
I like the 10x5.5 RC26 a lot for my Racer 2 and have very good results with it. It's the perfect compromise coil for me, as the stock coil makes the detector a bit too nose-heavy IMO. I have never had any of my Racer coils break, although I hear about it from others.

I'm partial to the CORS Fortune coil. It's 5.5" X 9.5" DD.

The original Racer issue, and some of the very early RC-29 DD coils .. [size=small]the solid-body 5½X10[/size] .. did have some periodic coil ear breakage, but Nokta / Makro detectors quickly remedied that issue with a more robust ear design for the Racer series as well as CoRe and Relic models.

That said, my personal preference for the Racer 2 for a "mid-sized" search coil is either the 5X9½ DD open-frame elliptical coil or the 7" Concentric round coil. The latter is what I keep mounted on my main-use Racer 2 and I have had very good success with the 7" Concentric coil. Both of these coils provide a better balance and feel than the standard 7X11 DD coil. I complement either of these mid-size coils with the smaller 5" DD or 'OOR' DD for the trashiest of sites.

Monte

Basically R26 is buoyant while newer version R24 is open in design and non buoyant...imagine same coil different design....no more breakage as redesigned ears which are stronger...