Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re: CTX and Hot ground

Lipservice

Here is a quote of Daniel's report.... as you can see the Etrac and CTX struggle in this tough dirt:

"Met up with Don Dodson today from North GA Relics. He brought the Deus and CTX up to play at my bullet hill testing site. We battled the rain for the first few hours of our hunt but it sure didn't help the ground conditions any...still bone dry and hard digging. Don spent about 95% of his time on the new Minelab and I got to run the Deus for a little while and mostly the Blisstool. Many thanks to Keith Southern for giving us some settings on the Deus to get us going in the right direction. Don plugged them right in for me and I was off and running with the Deus and had a bullet found within 15 minutes of being turned loose with it. That is an impressive little machine....it has some muscle. I would love to see how it would stack up against the Bliss if it had the larger coil. It didn't do that bad with just the 9" that's on it. Some of the deeper bullets I got with the Bliss, it couldn't quite get...it would give an occasional chirp but you have to remember that I didn't know zilch about the Deus and setting it up...I just had a few settings from Keith to go by and that's how we set it up to run. This was some of the worse dirt you are gonna find in Tennessee and I was just impressed that it could get down to 8-9 inches in it for bullets. It wouldn't give an ID number...just tones...but it would give a high tone on them.

I learned more on the Bliss than I did anything else. I had been struggling bad with dealing with good repeatable signals that would turn out to be iron nails. I got some suggestions from Daryn over at the UK Blisstool forum...and he noticed some of my settings were a bit off, according to how I was running my gain. So he gave some corrections with it...and I went out to give those a shot. Couldn't believe the difference it made on it for telling non ferrous from iron. Once I did those settings and heard what a bullet sounds like, I was off and running with it and calling my signals. This machine has similar depth to PI machines in this red dirt. It's still no GPX but by golly I think it will torque the doors off of a TDI now. No doubt it can in the iron rejection dept...and I believe it can best it on depth now. I'm REALLY interested in seeing what it could do with the 15" coil.

And now you might be wondering why I ain't said anything about the 3030. I didn't get to hunt with it...Don spent about 96% of his hunt time on that particular machine...and we signal checked everything. Once I got into the bullets, it showed us one thing....the 3030 ain't much different than the eTrac in this bad soil....and that wasn't too spectacular. I dug 9 bullets today....the Bliss could easily detect all 9 of them. The Deus got 5 of the 9, signal wise. The 3030 got 0 of the 9. Don had it set with an open screen disc pattern, running in what he called "combined mode"....which I'm not sure what that is to be honest....but I think he exhausted all settings he could think of to try on it, and the closest he got to a signal was an iron grunt on one of the bullets in which he said it was doing on everything. I was really hoping for a better showing for it there...especially with the manual GB on this one.

I was honestly ready to give up on the Blisstool after my struggles with the iron. Now I'm pretty sure I have a handle on it. I don't know how well I will do with it in a heavily infested with iron site...but I will say this. If any of you guys ever ran the Shadow X5.....the Blisstool reminds me most of that machine than anything else. The X5 was a good machine for around here....it had issues with iron but it had a language much like the Blisstool. But I will say this as well....the Deus will be my next detector. I think the Blisstool and Deus are going to compliment one another for a 1-2 punch. The Deus will be the machine of choice in heavy iron...and in trashy sites, and for just a seek n destroy machine for covering ground fast. Once you get in a site, and pick the goodies out with the Deus....the Bliss comes out as a cleanup machine to get the deep things just out of reach of the Deus. I'm scrapping up what I can to sell in order to get one. lol.

I have video of today's hunt as well...all of it is with the Deus and Blisstool though. I didn't do any filming of the 3030, as my particular time was spent with the Deus and Blisstool."