Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re: F seriemachines plus greek series coils.

Dang

hi folks. i swing a teknetics omega 8000 and have a yearning to add as fisher detector to the collection that will compliment my greek series coils. i think the f5 and f19 are compatable to the greek coils. are there any other models that will work too?
also will after market coils made for omegas work with the F's also?

You can add the F22, F44, Gold Bug Pro Tek Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Omega 8500, G2, G2+ and a few other models from Bounty Hunter that share the same frequency (make sure they have a screw on type coil connector). After market coils specifically for the greek series will work on the higher 19 kHz machines as well as the F5 of course. Any concentric will not work properly on the higher freq machines.

My advice for what it's worth: Get the F19 or G2+ (same machines with different grip) and swap coils to your hearts content. Very fine machines to complement your Omega.

dfmike said:
You can add the F22, F44, Gold Bug Pro Tek Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Omega 8500, G2, G2+ and a few other models from Bounty Hunter that share the same frequency (make sure they have a screw on type coil connector). After market coils specifically for the greek series will work on the higher 19 kHz machines as well as the F5 of course. Any concentric will not work properly on the higher freq machines.

My advice for what it's worth: Get the F19 or G2+ (same machines with different grip) and swap coils to your hearts content. Very fine machines to complement your Omega.
Wait!
Isn't the F22 and the F44 build offs of the F2 and F4 platform?
If so then the greek coils don't work on them.

Mark

The greek coils will work fine on the F22 and F44. I've had the F44 at the same time as my F5 and would swap coils at will. A tech at Fisher assured me that all coils were compatible between these machines even though the freq is slightly different (7.69 vs 7.8 kHz.)

Correct dfmike...your info is spot on. Most guys (even in house) just call them all 7.7khz and call it a day.

5.9khz was F2 and F4........6.6khz was all the old BH stuff.......7.7khz is the Greek series from Tek and "Pro" series from BH....and also the F11/F22/F44 from Fisher.

None are compatible with others.....only the 7.7khz and 19khz machines (F19 - Gold Bug - G2) will swap.

I tried a 5" Gold bug coil on my F5 and it would detect but done well to reach a coin at 3". That was a one hunt coil for me and a wasted day.

Ron in WV

I am a die hard F75'er and tried the round, 8" concentric coil from a Tek Omega and worked well on my F75. Only difference is that the ID is off a single digit and the depth readout was a little shallower on the ID than in reality. I did this because I kept digging stupid bottles caps and went to this coil and was smooth as silk, no falsing and zero iron or bottles caps!!!

It is said that the 10" stock concentric of the F5 and Omega will work on the 19 kHz machines although they were never built to use concentric coils. Keithie6 used it on his Gold Bug on a regular basis and seemed to like the combo. I tried mine on my F19 and wasn't exactly thrilled with the results. Strange behavior and general instability can be expected depending on ground conditions.

I recently started using a teknetics 10"x5" DD coil that t bought
For my Omega 8000 on my fisher f75. It works so well that
I'm leaving it on and plan on picking up a large coil either
For the f75 or a Greek series. The f75 will be special purpose
And my Equinox 800 with 11" coil will be for general use

No sense in buying an other machine along side your Omega other than the F19 or G2 plus if you want to share double d coils. The rest are to similar to your Omega. F19/G2+ are better at finding everything from zinc downwards in conductivity while the Omega gets copper and silver better. F19/G2+ are vastly better around EMI. There is also a plain G2 that doesnt have some of the bells and whistles that you can find used for low prices.

None are compatible with others.....

I'll correct myself here....the 5.9khz coils from the F2 and F4 will work with the older 6.6khz stuff...just not the new 7.7khz machines.