Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re: Initial thoughts on my new LTD

jmaryt

hi jackpine!
was curious!..does the omega have a very fast processor in the junk?..it appears as you indicate to have the "right " frequency
for coins,so it should have a "tighter" vid on coins..what kind of depth are you seeing on average on coins?..thanks!..i am thinkin' this could
be the "sleeper" of the decade!..possibly!..i am strictly a coin hunter,so from what i have read so far,it appears to be able to get 'er done in the trash!

(h.h!)
j.t

j.t.

I am more than pleased with the depth and seperation. While I don't check and measure every coin I dig, I am pulling dimes easily in the 7-9" range pennies a bit deeper and quarters in the 10-12" range. The kicker is, these are all well hunted sites and the hits are so definite it makes me shake my head why they are still there. It isn't just depth that Omega has going for it.

Tom

kinda odd that this detector was overlooked until now!..it seems that this one's a ton of fun WITHOUT the drama of the f75 ,or the ltd!
may i ask what was the reason you bought this detector?..i ask because i know you own the ltd ,or the f-75!..now that you have found the key to this detector<are you favoring it in trashy areas?
just curious!..my motive for asking is because if ya can get 'er done without having to deal with the high dollar hassle of the top shelf equipment,then why not save a barrel of dough and just go "simple"
with the omega?..if you are getting the separation,AND the depth in trash,then ya pretty much got it licked IF you are mainly a coin shooter!..
thanks for the input!

(h.h!)
j.t.

i'm happy to know this!..i have always liked "simple" when hunting and still be able to pick
'em out of the trash!..i'm convinced ,as well as many others that there is still a ton of good stuff hiding in the junk from sites
that have been "cooked" over the years!..i gotta tell ya,all i hear is good s**t about this "sleeper"..it appear that it's "day in the sun"
so to speak has been over shadowed by the f-75 and the l.t.d..IF this detector basically does what they do WITHOUT all the drama,then what's not to like?
simple STILL works if it brings the good stuff home!..good luck with it!..

(h.h!)
j.t.

The 8000 is so fast and locks in on targets

hey lawrenzo!
enjoyed all your you tube stuff!..if what you say is true maybe we all "screwed up"
when we went after the f-75 and the l.t.d!..if it is also lightening fast in the junk,and gets the depth
then maybe we didn't have to score the "heavyweights" to begin with!..of course such a statement is precipitated
on the fact that we are ALL coin snipers!..he he he!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Let me tell you a little secret. The last time I spent over $800.00 on a detector was 8 years ago and that was an Explorer. I stuck with the CZ that I had at the time and sold the Explorer. Then the Coinstrike followed by the ID Edge. Why? well like you said most of the good stuff left is masked not deep and I prefer a good iron hunter for my sites over ulitmate depth. Good response to gold rings is also a major consideration for me and I have found that a good single frequency machine is better at that.

Re: the Omega, so far... it's doing all the Jobs I need and doing them well. :thumbup:

Sorry to steal and "F" thread by bringing up the Omega. :lol:

HH Tom

sorry for the late reply!..yeah!..exactly my thoughts!..it seems from WHAT i am reading on the forums that it' IS getting f-75 depth
WITHOUT having to f*8k around with it,AND without the "drama" from e.m.i....apparently the omega's processor's ability to recover from target to target
is on a par with both the f-75,AND the l.t.d....if any and all of this IS true,then it is truly a "sleeper" and why spend more money for a "hyper" unit that ya gotta
"diddle,"fiddle",and "screw" around with?..my 2 cents worth!

regards!
(h.h!)
j.t.

thanks lowboy!.i guess maybe we ALL missed this one initially!..(w.t.f!)

(h.h!)
j.t.

Now their like gold and hard to find ..................

what I've discovered in trying all these detectors that I have....it takes time, with some sometimes more than others to realize and appreciate what these detectors can do. The weak link is our tendancies to not give a certain detector an adequate "shake".

As you can see, I am just a reader here on the forum. But decided to just put in my 2 cents. I have had several detectors over the years and really liked the Compass detectors. They were great in their day and still have a place in the community of hunters. I purchase the Omega after reading for several months on all types of detectors. I love it, it is quick to setup and hit the ground hunting.
I am considering purchasing a second one just to have as a backup. They may be hard to find one day when the word gets out how great they are.

i agree,especially if you are commited to a detector that,in some people's belief costs more than a down payment on a vasectomy!
as the man extolled!.."ass,gas,or grass!..nobody rides for free!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Jackpine Savage said:
Well like you said most of the good stuff left is masked not deep and I prefer a good iron hunter for my sites over ultimate depth. Good response to gold rings is also a major consideration for me and I have found that a good single frequency machine is better at that.
I couldn't agree more, which is one reason I have also preferred smaller-than-stock coils.

The stock 10" is "interesting" and takes me a little getting used to as I have always preferred a round-shaped coil (it's mostly a visual thing I guess), but I am pleased with the stock coils performance in general. Decent in trashy sites. However, if you don't have the 5" DD for that Omega, you need to nab one! :thumbup:

Monte

yeah!..i apologize!..didn't want to lose my chain of thought ,so brought the 75 into play!,forgetting where i was!

(h.h!)
j.t.